Alan7140

Coffee Shop

At my local coffee shop (again! - I drink too much of the stuff), just a generic workplace photo that suited  the square neg perfectly. 

TuGu01G.jpg

If it appears pleasing to the eye, it's because for once all the elements had arranged themselves to almost perfectly fit the Fibonacci Sequence (Golden Ratio, Golden Mean, Golden Spiral, call it what you will) beginning at the bottom right corner and having a vanishing point on the nose of the girl at right. :D

It was a nothing-shot until the shop owner knelt to rearrange the display case, and I think I might even have muttered a quiet "thank you!" under my breath as I pressed the shutter.

(Pentacon Six TL, Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 4/50 @ f/4, T-Max 400, Rodinal 1:50.)

EDIT:
Just to explain better and illustrate visually, I traced over Photoshop crop tool's faint "Golden Spiral" guide with a freehand yellow line (hence it's a bit wobbly) to demonstrate how it fits both the square and this composition.

WtKQM3y.jpg

Edited by Alan7140
  • Like 2

I agree - a nice demonstration of the Golden Spiral and the square format works well here, especially when viewed large.

Rodinal - now that is a name I have not heard of for a while - I must be getting old. :crazy:

6 minutes ago, Hugh_3170 said:

Rodinal - now that is a name I have not heard of for a while - I must be getting old. :crazy:

So's the Rodinal - as best as I can guess I bought the stuff I used to process this film back in 1996 or maybe even earlier (before they changed the packaging to predominantly orange from the original white with an orange and a green stripe). I'm now onto a "new" bottle bought around 2002. That's the great thing about Rodinal - it lasts indefinitely, even after being opened. It's still being made as R09 by Compard, although only as small 120ml bottles available here at AUD$17 plus P&P. I have two 500ml bottles of the original, though, which might just see me out.

Yes. A great illustration of the Fibonacci Sequence.

A beautiful composition, Alan!  I love Fibonacci's spiral!