Mike G

Spouting Rhubarb

Even in the depths of winter my Rhubarb is already pushing up despite the snow augering lots of Rhubarb Crumbles, yummy.
Lumix G9 + Summilux 12mm 1.4. @ 1/60 f5.6 ISO800
3DB24231-5950-4909-8B95-F42302AF8DB7.thumb.jpeg.53e55ffea90a789d4fb8a6bba2637777.jpeg
I’m beginning to fall in love with this Summilux lens, bloody expensive but so good. :flowers_2:

• Like 2

I love rhubarb crumble but ours is under two feet of snow and it has just 'warmed up' to -7C so not for awhile yet.

Peter

Edited by PFrank
  • Like 1

Rhubarb crumble? Yes please, and don't forget the custard.

• Like 1

Keep some of that crumble for me!

Not a cats chance in hell Vivion. 🤗

I don't believe I have ever tasted rhubarb. Didn't even know that such a lens existed either! 🧐

All I can say is Dallas, you ain’t lived yet. The part eaten are the pink stems you can see, the leaves are poisonous! Rhubarb is very tart and needs sugar to assuage the tartness. Rhubarb is usually served with custard, and my preference is for a crumble topping! I badger my daughter into making me one. 😊

The Panasonic Leica Summilux 12mm 1.4 is a little cracker, well not so little actually! I find the images produced super. The trouble is that it costs over £1000!

Oohhh.. so if you have to have it with sugar I will probably have to pass. I have almost cut sugar entirely out of my life, barring the occasional treat (ice-cream on a Friday!) and bread. No fizzy drinks, no sugar in tea or coffee and definitely no sugar in my morning oats. But I'll take your word for its deliciousness, Mike. :) 

MFT lenses have become really expensive nowadays. Have you had a gander at the Oly 75/1.8 yet? 

1 minute ago, Mike G said:

The Panasonic Leica Summilux 12mm 1.4 is a little cracker, well not so little actually! I find the images produced super. The trouble is that it costs over £1000!

I have a Leica Summilux M 50mm f1.4 which is stunning and so it should be for £3k+. Mine, not surprisingly was second hand.

Oh, and I'll join the rhubarb fan club. Can't beat it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dallas said:

Oohhh.. so if you have to have it with sugar I will probably have to pass. I have almost cut sugar entirely out of my life, barring the occasional treat (ice-cream on a Friday!) and bread. No fizzy drinks, no sugar in tea or coffee and definitely no sugar in my morning oats. But I'll take your word for its deliciousness, Mike. :) 

MFT lenses have become really expensive nowadays. Have you had a gander at the Oly 75/1.8 yet? 

You could always use a non sugar sugar or sweetener!

i have considered the Olympus 75/1.8 but I have not much use for that lens as yet, but I do have a P Leica Nocticron 42.5mm 1.2 for any portraits or similar that I’ll do. But the Olympus lens is on for further consideration, I think I need to get to a dealer to have a fiddle with one to look at one through the viewfinder!

£700 and no lens hood?

Sweeteners make me feel ill, they really do. Especially the stuff they use in diet sodas. 

The 75/1.8 lens hood is metal, not plastic, so it's worth the money if added to the cost of the lens. But there are alternatives from China that can substitute. JJC I think? 

• Like 1

There is a sweetener called Stelvia, I believe that comes from plants so isn’t unpleasant like the chemical sweetness as found in so called diet drinks which are just awful. I’m afraid Rhubarb definitely needs sweetening!

I don’t understand why Olympus do not include a lenshood, maybe just a ploy to get more money out of it’s customers very poor!

I quite like JJC products, good quality/price.

Rhubarb is wonderful. When I was a child it was growing in our garden, so we ate it frequently.

I have not had a fizzy drink for about 20 years.

I could not live without bread so I make my own.

I once tried to dig out a Rhubarb root, but gave up after going down over three feet, and then gave up! The root was as thick as my arm. I obviously went far enough as the plant never came back.

I always regretted doing that so twenty five years ago I bought a new plant!

4 hours ago, Mike G said:

There is a sweetener called Stelvia, I believe that comes from plants so isn’t unpleasant like the chemical sweetness as found in so called diet drinks which are just awful. I’m afraid Rhubarb definitely needs sweetening!

I don’t understand why Olympus do not include a lenshood, maybe just a ploy to get more money out of it’s customers very poor!

I quite like JJC products, good quality/price.

There were a lot of complaints from reviewers a few years ago about that lens hood policy and Olympus has now changed their tune, so you will find hoods are included with the newer model lenses (i.e. Pro series). Since I started doing RE photography I haven't used my 75mm in ages. Need to rectify that, it's a wonderful lens and I think you will like it a lot. Great focal length with a very small size/weight ratio. 

The sweetener you're referring to is called Stevia which I have tried, but it also makes me feel quite ill. Xylitol is another one I tried and it had the same effect. I guess they just don't agree with me. I still have the occasional sugary treat, just in moderation. :) 

• Like 1