Mebyon K

In the early light of dawn

Taken at Weymouth in August last year. I'm an inexperienced landscape photographer and I would like to know what others, who are more experienced, think of this. An unmodified, except for the removal of half a dozen navigation buoys, sooc jpeg taken with my then new X-H1, and the 16-55 f2.8 zoom.

1359191435_By_Dawns_early_light.thumb.jpeg.e0872ae7dfab093541a209324b473feb.jpeg

• Like 2

I like it. the composition is good and the colours are pleasant. However, you definitely need to level the horizon. :) 

On 02/02/2019 at 14:51, Dallas said:

I like it. the composition is good and the colours are pleasant. However, you definitely need to level the horizon. :) 

Hi Dallas,

I posted the wrong image and it's taken me a little while to find the correct one, I must organise my photo filing system.

I've modified the colours in this one as well. 

Dawn_Anchorage.thumb.jpeg.a28b681c08e412e3cda85402cd1eb533.jpeg

• Like 2

Maybe just a little off the top Christopher to get rid of that vapour trail. The ship is in a better position on this one.

23 minutes ago, Clactonian said:

Maybe just a little off the top Christopher to get rid of that vapour trail. The ship is in a better position on this one.

Thanks Mike, you are quite right that will improve it quite a bit.

Third time lucky? I've changed the aspect ratio to 16:9 as well as losing the vapour trail.

1675935614_DawnAnchorage3copy.thumb.jpeg.b961c024b6fcc18bf24e3951b511848b.jpeg

• Like 2

The new one is definitely better.  With the original shot, I couldn’t decide whether it needed to be softer or sharper - it may just have been because of the size I was looking at, but it seemed to be stuck in the middle and would have been better either way.  

To Chris and Mike,

Thank you for your helpful comments as I now have a far better image than the one I originally posted.