Dallas

Under The Dome

Just above the Natural History Museum in our city hall is the Durban Art Gallery where there is usually an exhibition or two underway. Today there was an odd collection of family photos from Durban's coloured and Indian community taken during the apartheid era. For those of you in the US the term "coloured" in SA refers to mixed race persons, not Africans. 

From an architectural perspective I like the dome above the hole in the floor (which is partially occupied by the head of an enormous T-Rex model). 

IMG_1653.jpeg

You are certainly getting your eye in for architectural photos.

• Like 1

Thanks Chris. 

Designing houses and floor plans was a favourite pastime when I was still in my teens and partly into my 20's. A poor (and I'm still convinced erroneous) exam mark in my last term of high school grade 9 Technical Drawing saw me drop the subject in favour of History. Had I continued with TD I think I might well have followed the path of designer or perhaps even architecture. Good design is something I appreciate immensely.