GB111

Anza-Borrego

... mountainous southern Californian desert.  The landscape, including the rocks, are hard to get tired of looking at.

Gb

DSC_0020_Edit1_1800.jpg

Compositionally I'm struggling a bit to make up my mind on this one. Is it about the rocks in the foreground or about the background? I think if you crop off from the top left corner and come in about 10% on each edge that background will have less pull for my attention and I'll be more inclined to investigate the shapes of the rocks. 

Thanks for posting! 

• Like 1

Thanks Dallas. It's about the foreground rocks, but I think it is a little tight there. All about the rocks, which are somewhat plain, and there is interesting stuff behind it that one can't see (but it is great if you're a rock lover :)). I am afraid that if I crop any more that it will be really boring... ahh.

Thanks for taking a look!

Whilst rocks fascinate me, I find them really hard to work well as a photograph.  I think they are the one form of landscape where I find a figure is worth including.  

I see what you mean Chris - perhaps they only work as a supplement vs. main subject.  Will keep this in mind for next time I am there, which is prob in two weeks..

Gb

1 hour ago, crowecg said:

I enjoyed that (and I agree with his assessment). 

Yep, decent article. Seems the author applies an old issue (which still applies) to a different situation, really: what do you put in the 'foreground?'  He uses a city as an example, but there are so many excellent shots out there of beautiful mountains, etc. that lack a foreground subject. I used to joke with a friend that I need to find a model who will follow me around out there for that.