GB111

Author Unknown

Posted (edited)

Just to make clear, this is not my shot. I was skydiving in Germany many years back, while in the military, and handed my camera to the Ch-47 Chinook flight engineer to take a few shots while they dropped a load of skydivers while I was training on the ground.

I don't think he know much about photography, but I think he had an eye for composition. The shutter prob could have been a little faster - I don't remember if I set up the controls for him or just set it to P.. probably - but not bad.  I was pleasantly surprised when I later developed the slides.........

Skydiving1111_1700.jpg

Edited by GB111
  • Like 1

That is a pretty cool image. 

I've never understood this activity myself. I would certainly die of fright the moment they opened the door and motioned me towards it...

Dallas - Yeah, everyone has their thing :)  It is a lot of fun though, and although it's inherently dangerous it's different when you're wearing two (main and reserve) certified parachutes and have gone through the training. I did a 30-40 camera jumps with a helmet mounted camera.  Here is one. 

Skydiving_Chambersburg_5_1_Sept1991_1000.jpg

Being in the right location is a big  help in getting the shot.  Looks good.

Never tried parachuting, but did have a spell interested in rock climbing, so the height shouldn't be a problem.