Dallas

The New York Times Called...

I got the email a few days before Christmas. Would I be interested in shooting a house in Umhlanga Rocks for their International Real Estate magazine? 

When I had picked myself up off the floor I replied. "Of course, but let me just check my schedule..."

Not really a joke, I was flat out right up until the week before Christmas, so I slotted this one into a very bright and sunny Saturday morning. The editor I was working for was very specific that they wanted a daytime shoot and not a twilight one because they want the houses to be presented as close to reality as possible. God was smiling on me that day because our weather had been truly awful on either side of the shoot date. 

Anyway, I submitted about 44 photos of this incredible home and they chose 13 for the slide show. I am very happy to present the link to the article for you here

• Like 3
  • Applaud 1

Nicely done Dallas, what gear did you use?

Well done Dallas.  :)

Thanks fellas. It is such a thrill to see my name there. :) 

Mike, I used the usual gear - Olympus E-M1 and Pan/Leica 8-18mm. Processing was done in Lightroom and Aurora HDR. 

Sadly one of my E-M1 bodies has suffered some kind of malfunction on the weekend. I was shooting another house and as I went to do the first of the exterior shots the shutter just locked up. Camera won't come on at all. A colleague of mine from my ambassador days who also does architectural work had the same thing happen and they had to replace the shutter on his unit. So I guess mine is going in soon. Fortunately I was able to finish the shoot using my Olympus PEN (which is always in my camera bag). 

• Like 1

Excellent. It's difficult to buy publicity like that, but even better getting paid for it.

• Like 1

Looks good.  Hopefully brings you more high end work.

• Like 1

Here are some of the shots they didn't use. I have a few others of the bedrooms, but they aren't that exciting. 

PC220031_AuroraHDR2019-edit.jpg

PC220046_AuroraHDR2019-edit.jpg

PC220049_AuroraHDR2019-edit.jpg

PC220076_AuroraHDR2019-edit.jpg

PC220127_AuroraHDR2019-edit.jpg

PC220142_AuroraHDR2019-edit.jpg

PC220145_AuroraHDR2019-edit.jpg

PC220157_AuroraHDR2019-edit.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations, Dallas, you are clearly making a name for yourself in this field.

• Like 1

Thank you, Anthony! It is my most favourite form of photography work.

Wonderful photos of a lovely house. Very Well Done, Dallas!

• Like 1