Dallas

Welcome To 2019!

Thumping headache? Dry mouth? Bilious? 

Nope. None of the above. It's always pleasing to me when I don't wake up experiencing any of them on New Year's Day. Actually, of all the things to celebrate in the world, New Year's is to me the stupidest. What for? It's like the world's worst magic trick. You get all excited to experience something remarkable and then you wake up the next day only to find that nothing has changed. OK, that's terribly negative, but think about it for a minute. :) 

So, whether or not you have experienced any of the symptoms today, here's wishing you all a remarkable year ahead. I hope it is filled with endless possibility and many, many great photos! 

• Like 1

Despite your negativity I will wish you and Fotozones colleagues a Happy and Photographically Rich New Year.

• Like 1

I’m always reminded of the Morecombe & Wise song “Always look on the bright side of life” at the new year.

We all live in hope that the new year will be a year of plenty!  Probably we’ll all be disappointed, but hey let’s live in hope

With that in mind a happy and prosperous new year to everybody.👌

Sorry if I sound grumpy. I live in a part of the world where consideration for others' right to peace & quiet is non-existent. Since dusk last night I have been hearing explosions of fireworks and now today all day and up until midnight again we have the loudest, most annoying "music" coming from a concert at a nearby venue. It's so loud our windows rattle occasionally. Makes me want to commit a crime... 

6 hours ago, Dallas said:

Sorry if I sound grumpy. I live in a part of the world where consideration for others' right to peace & quiet is non-existent. Since dusk last night I have been hearing explosions of fireworks and now today all day and up until midnight again we have the loudest, most annoying "music" coming from a concert at a nearby venue. It's so loud our windows rattle occasionally. Makes me want to commit a crime... 

Didn't hear a thing here. Not even so much a possum fart. :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alan7140 said:

Didn't hear a thing here. Not even so much a possum fart. :D

Got space for a couple more? ;) 

2 hours ago, Dallas said:

Got space for a couple more? ;) 

"You're mad for moving there" they said. "You'll regret it", they said. "You'll miss the hustle and bustle", they said.

"Hah!", said I, and have gone on to live in peace and quiet for 24 years and counting, not regretting or missing a thing. :D :D

OK, the log trucks can be a bit tedious at times, but their days are numbered.

I try to be positive. The new year, for me, is full of possibility and potential.

No location is perfect, but I strongly believe in the old adage "Bloom where you're planted".

• Like 1