rbsinto

You want it, we got it-Kensington

I've been bad for the last six or seven months and haven't been shooting much at all. Last Sunday, I was downtown and waiting for my wife and grand-daughter so I went to Kensington to kill time and walked around. I passed one of the neighbourhood stores that deals in used goods of every description. The owner always brings a ton of merchandise out onto the sidewalk, and then spends the day sitting on the doorstep reading the paper. I liked the story, and grabbed this shot.
Nikon D3
zoom-Nikkor 24~70 2.8 AF G ED
5.6 @1/50, ISO 200

You want it, we got it-kensington-1920.jpg

• Like 3

I shoot film. That's film. F...i....l....m. You remember film don't you? It was in all the papers.

Nice shot, Robert. It looks like the kind of shop I like to visit. Although I am not really interested in the vinyl revival - no one will be able to convince me that it sounds better than CD's. :) 

33 minutes ago, Dallas said:

Nice shot, Robert. It looks like the kind of shop I like to visit. Although I am not really interested in the vinyl revival - no one will be able to convince me that it sounds better than CD's. :) 

Thanks Dallas.

While I can't speak to the issue of vinyl versus CD's, I can definitely say that this store is where I'd go to buy plastic statues of Elvis. If I really wanted plastic statues of Elvis.

Robert

• LOL 1

I shoot film. That's film. F...i....l....m. You remember film don't you? It was in all the papers.

Gosh Robert, what a colourful potpouri of stuff that you have uncovered here!

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell in recent times - may yourrecovery now be on the upward path.

12 hours ago, Hugh_3170 said:

Gosh Robert, what a colourful potpouri of stuff that you have uncovered here!

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell in recent times - may yourrecovery now be on the upward path.

Hugh,

Thanks for commenting.

I must correct an impression I gave people here and at the other sites where I post because of a poor choice of language. I'm not ill. What I meant when I said I've been "bad" was bad as in "bad behavior" because for the last six or eight months I haven't been photographing very much at all. Instead I've been spending a lot of time re-learning to play my guitar, which I stopped playing about 40 years ago, and just recently took up again. It's a confluence of circumstances which resulted in a bit of a photographic slump after over 40 years of shooting that up to now I really haven't made a great effort to correct. I intend to start getting out and seriously crawling the streets again, camera in hand.

Robert

• Like 1

I am so pleased that you are not ill.

Spike Milligan wanted the inscription "I told you I was ill" on his gravestone, but the local English council refused permission for this. So he translated it into Irish - "Dúirt mé libh go raibh mé breoite". The Council allowed this, not knowing what it meant!

• Like 1