JTh

Crocus pulchellus

Yellow style and white anthers of the small autumn-flowering Crocus pulchellus from the Holomonta mountains, northern Greece. 

_A173030 Crocus pulchellum.jpg

• Like 1

It's a nice square composition. I would like to see the exposure and white balance lifted a bit more as the central parts look a tad too cold if they are to be white. 

Thank you for your comment, Dalas. Yes, you are right, the white balance was not correct if I wanted to show the details as natural as possible. I should have made clear that I was playing with the colours in this case and not thinking about presenting the anthers like they really were at all. But I have changed the white balance in the new version, do you like that  more? (The yellow and the blue are still much stronger than  they are in nature). 

_A173030 Hvitbalanse.jpg

• Like 1

It's better, for sure. If you want to only affect a certain part of the image, in Lightroom use a local adjustment brush and then paint in the areas that you want to change (ie. WB, exposure, clarify, sharpness, etc).