Mike G

Fuji lenses with moisture inside.

Recently I sent for sale four Fujinon lenses to a reputable online dealer, a 16mm 1.4, 23mm 1.4, 56mm 1.2 and a 18-55mm. Today I was told by the dealer after inspection that the 16mm was OK and I was given an extra £20. However the 23mm and the 56mm apparently show moisture inside those lenses, to say I’m disappointed is obvious. Also the 18-55 has a marked front element. These lens repairs will be at my expense until they come back to the dealer I won’t see what I was offered! I saw no such damage upon dispatch.
Now I have to wait for two weeks to see what the bill will be! Unfortunately this means my divorce from Fuji ain’t over yet! 
OK venting over till I get the bill.

Do you have complete trust in the dealer who is telling you these things? Personally I would get the items back, check them myself and make 100% sure that what they say isn't correct. Then I would probably sell them myself on a local classifieds site. Hopefully you aren't getting screwed over. 

I'm with Dallas on this one Mike. I'd want to see them before sanctioning repairs.

The dealer is WEX a company I trust. The 16mm has no problems and has been paid for and the quote was upped by £20.

The 23mm and the 56mm also had their quotes upped after repair. The 18-55mm I have a feeling will be beyond economic repair.

I have dealt with WEX and their former self for thirty years. I don’t think I’m being scammed.

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

The dealer is WEX a company I trust. The 16mm has no problems and has been paid for and the quote was upped by £20.

The 23mm and the 56mm also had their quotes upped after repair. The 18-55mm I have a feeling will be beyond economic repair.

I have dealt with WEX and their former self for thirty years. I don’t think I’m being scammed.

They have a good reputation Mike so I think you are probably correct in your assessment.

• Like 1