Mike G

G9 back home!

I’m happy to report that my new G9 is back from hospital after being repaired and all appears to be tickety boo!  The engineers report informs me that the SD card door assembly and the rear grip have been replaced! Pleasingly the camera looks like new. And none of my settings has been altered.

Now I have to learn to use all over again, not a problem I’m sure it will be a pleasant journey.

• Like 1

Happy for you, Mike.

• Like 1

Great, nice to read positive news! What will be your next lens purchase Mike? May I suggest the Olympus 75mm f1.8 which will look beautiful and balance fine on your camera :)

Edited by Luc de Schepper
  • Like 1

And what about a green squidgy button?

Cheaper than a lens ...

Luc, no plans for more lenses at the moment, I need to draw breath for a bit. Both you and Dallas have both recommended the Olympus 75mm 1.8 maybe maybe.

Vivion the G9 does not a facility to cater for a cable release, but I do have a multitude of sticky colourful dots still, so who knows. I did offer to pass on the green & orange squidgy things but alas no takers!

5 hours ago, Mike G said:

I did offer to pass on the green & orange squidgy things but alas no takers!

Funny about that......... ;) :D

How about a MFT Samyang 7.5mm? 

Inexpensive and works well.  Maybe the 8-18mm is a little too close in FL?

• Like 1

The Samyang 7.5 that Hugh suggests will be a very fun addition to your kit. It's very sharp and while manual focus it doesn't matter. All you do is set the focus ring on infinity, set the aperture ring to f/8 and everything is in focus. :) 

And also the Olympus 75mm 1.8 is outstanding if you want to make candid portraits from afar without drawing attention to yourself. 

My next MFT lens is probably going to be something like the Pan/Leica 100-400mm or maybe the 200mm f/2.8. I don't know. Those are very pricy and will only see use when I am on safari once a year, so... probably not likely unless I win the lottery (which I never play). I'm going to have to look into a body upgrade at some point before new lenses. 

Hugh, don’t do manual focus, I did have a Samyang 300mm  mirror lens in a Fuji mount just did not like it at all! Plus I have the PL 8-18mm.

Alan, I’m shocked!

Dallas, I know you like the Olympus 75mm, as you have probably told me a zillion times and it’s definitely on my maybe list, I need to get to know now the gear that I have, maybe next year. 👌

• Happy 1

Who is Panasonic Mike?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think he’s the chap who repaired my G9, maybe. 🤗