vivionm

Autumn Colours

Gougane Barra, West Cork, Ireland.

Autumn_Colours.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, from the Q. Still learning the camera.

41 minutes ago, vivionm said:

Yes, from the Q. Still learning the camera.

I love my Leica colours, but I guess it's what you get used to.

Yes. A friend finds that photo too vivid.

I like it.  Reminds me of northern England from my youth.  I never really got colours to match that sort of scene when I shot film and now I can achieve those sort of colours in digital, I don't get to spend time there.

I think the leaves in the foreground should have been a little more in focus, since they occupy a significant portion of the frame. Alternatively, to fix this and direct more visual weight to the river and hill, cropping to 16:9 might negate that. Otherwise it's a good image of a peaceful scene. 

This image makes an impression. I am not sure why that is, but it is open and lets you see far into the distance, hence telling a story. A coldish day in a somewhat barren land. The colors are muted, which I like. Seems wet/damp.

Areas for improvement would be to use a deeper DOF and/or adjust hyperfocal distance to get all in focus, including the foreground that is blurring out (bottom of photo).  I am also wondering what that whitish object is in the bottom center, it seems like a lawn sprinkler head (but can't be :) ) The tilt of the water doesn't bother me as it seems to add an element of mystery.

GB