crowecg

French Car Festivals

A few pictures from the French Car Festival today.

Obviously 2CV's are a big feature.

44675907865_b7ffaf02e5_o.jpg

Voiture20 

Together with Citreon DS

45539365552_06a0dfc4fd_o.jpg

Voiture21 

And a little less common, some old Peugeots.

44864892954_58e6b4accd_o.jpg

Voiture22 

The standout is probably this Delage Devaux Spyder.  (It's not old and not French - my mistake)

31717645978_9f8579c548_o.jpg

Voiture23 

And some old & new - Alpines.  The new must be one of the first to hit these shores.

45539352392_885a2deda4_o.jpg

Voiture24

44864852544_57d7ac1647_o.jpg

Voiture25

Edited by crowecg
Correct Delarge to Devaux.
  • Like 3

Very cool pics! My Dad used to have a Renault 16TS like the one next to the Alpine in the last shot. He loved that car, but man, was it troublesome... It's name was Trigger. :) 

On 28/10/2018 at 16:31, Dallas said:

Very cool pics! My Dad used to have a Renault 16TS like the one next to the Alpine in the last shot. He loved that car, but man, was it troublesome... It's name was Trigger. :) 

Was there anything from the late 70's & early 80's that wasn't trouble?🤨

Managed to get back again after lunch and the sun had come out giving all the chrome a bit more sparkle.

45543205992_794b4f0352_o.jpg

Voiture26 - more of the Delage Devaux.

I liked the way the wheel arches separated from the body

43775810440_8ec00e5c34_o.jpg

Voiture27 

43775782460_bf7bde6de3_o.jpg

Voiture28 - another (this one is a )Delage (which is old and French)

I never realised there was a 4CV - perhaps Renault's challenge to Citroen?

45593519241_f02508a4b9_o.jpg

Voiture29 

And another Alpine

31721302748_14b5973d57_o.jpg

Voiture30 

Edited by crowecg
correct mix up of Delage and Devaux
  • Like 1

Great series.

I have owned several French cars, and still have two. My dream fun car would be the original DS Palais drop-head but restored versions are an horrendous price.

Great series. I have fond memories of the 2CV. The trick was to conserve momentum at all costs, i.e. never to use the brakes, since the car had so little power.

That Peugeot is a real beauty.

The new Alpine is aimed squarely at the Audi TT. I have seen only one new Alpine on the road here.

I’ve owned a couple of French cars.  Currently driving a Renault.  One thing I find about them is they seem to be optimised for torque rather than power so you never really need to rev them.  I guess that might also apply to the Landrover - Land Cruiser discussion Alan and Dallas were having in another thread.  Another thing is the way they do there model lineup here in Aus.  You have the choice of ‘basic’, ‘mid-range’ or ‘the works’ so you know what you can expect when you walk into a dealership.  Other brands have long options lists and given the long delivery times here, you can end up paying for things you didn’t want  and not getting things you did or else a very long wait.

Great set of pics in that second lot.

It's a bit disturbing to see cars that I admired when they were released new now wearing "Historic" registration plates, though...

• LOL 1

23 hours ago, Alan7140 said:

Great set of pics in that second lot.

It's a bit disturbing to see cars that I admired when they were released new now wearing "Historic" registration plates, though...

25 years old to get the plates here in Victoria.  That means the sorts of cars I learnt to drive in could get them👴

2 hours ago, crowecg said:

25 years old to get the plates here in Victoria.  That means the sorts of cars I learnt to drive in could get them👴

That means most of the cars I regularly drove would qualify as well. In fact only my current Land Rover Freelander 2 is too new for those plates, my previous car (1989 Honda Prelude) would qualify, and every car (12 altogether) before that! Way to feel old! :D

Lovely sets of images here Chris.  Are these from the Fuji Raw Files?

My 24 year old VR Commodore will qualify in February next year........... :D

3 hours ago, Hugh_3170 said:

Are these from the Fuji Raw Files?

Velvia jpegs.  I do need to sit down and play with some RAW files - I've got Capture 1 Fuji Express installed ready and it can handle both compressed and uncompressed RAW.  But then again, with the sort of jpegs coming out of the camera.....😎

• Like 1

On 28/10/2018 at 19:08, Clactonian said:

Great series.

I have owned several French cars, and still have two. My dream fun car would be the original DS Palais drop-head but restored versions are an horrendous price.

So what do you think of this one?  I'm not sure if it was an original or a conversion.  Possibly the latter as Aussies seem to have a thing for utes (pick ups / bakkies ).

45705553191_3792afc709_o.jpg

Voiture31 

• Like 1

.... for which the word "Why?" was invented ....

I love the plate on that one! 

My grandfather used to have a DS. We weren't allowed in it. I don't know if it was because me and my brother had a tendency to transmit havoc and destruction on all things, or because the car might not stand up to the abuse. ;) 

9 hours ago, crowecg said:

So what do you think of this one?  I'm not sure if it was an original or a conversion.  Possibly the latter as Aussies seem to have a thing for utes (pick ups / bakkies ).

Voiture31 

Eccentric! 

Turning such a beautiful car, which was so advanced for its time, into a Ute is bloody sacrilege!