Autumn is late this year (in Holland) and mushrooms are few because of the high temperature and low humidity for this time of year.

Still I managed a few images of the nearby nature during a short walk in the forest.

Olympus E-M10II + Olympus 75mm f1.8

43612680410_c03a828acc_b.jpg

44705715004_6ed4e17b5b_b.jpg

44705715414_96d6beaf93_b.jpg

• Like 3

Lovely autumnal colours.

Still trying.

Nice finds, Luc. I need to use my 75/1.8 more on other subjects. I've only really used it for event photography, but it has so many other good uses, as seen here. 

Luc - you have two very nice shots here, the top and the bottom ones.  Maybe the middle one also.  The thing is, the nice shots are pictures within your pictures. These thee pictures all call for serious crops. I would crop in around the mushroom on the first but leave a little more space at the top than the bottom. With the 2nd image, I like how that leaf in the dead center area lays on the log, so I would do some cropping there. Not that the isolated light doesn't look neat in itself, but I'm not sure there's enough here to lift the image overall. Finally, on the 3rd I would crop in around, you guessed it, the mushrooms and interesting geometry of the log behind it.

I am curious whether you saw the same thing but decided that you liked them with the wider surroundings. Granted a wider picture tells a story...

GB

Edited by GB111

On 22/02/2019 at 05:14, GB111 said:

Luc - you have two very nice shots here, the top and the bottom ones.  Maybe the middle one also.  The thing is, the nice shots are pictures within your pictures. These thee pictures all call for serious crops. I would crop in around the mushroom on the first but leave a little more space at the top than the bottom. With the 2nd image, I like how that leaf in the dead center area lays on the log, so I would do some cropping there. Not that the isolated light doesn't look neat in itself, but I'm not sure there's enough here to lift the image overall. Finally, on the 3rd I would crop in around, you guessed it, the mushrooms and interesting geometry of the log behind it.

I am curious whether you saw the same thing but decided that you liked them with the wider surroundings. Granted a wider picture tells a story...

GB

I don't like crops to save/alter an image. I consider it a failure of myself when composing a shot so I seldom crop my images heavily in post processing. On these shot the wider picture of the darker surrounding and natural lit main subject was intentional. Still I see your point and I agree that I might have overshot my intentions here, especially on the third image. I guess it also shows nature is not my favourite subject 😉 Thanks for watching and your positive criticism, much appreciated.