mcasan

Mara River Lunch

This big boy has to be in the 6m/18ft or larger range.   He ripped off the hind quarter of a zebra, tilled up his head and, swallowed.   Shot from the Mara Triangle bank just below Mara Serena Lodge.

Mara River Lunch.jpg

• Like 3

Olympus OM-D EM-1 II, 60mm Macro, 7-14mm Pro, 12-40mm Pro, 40-150mm Pro, 300mm Pro

Excellent and dramatic capture!

Bill

.... it all gets better as we grow younger and thinner.

Dramatic image - well captured.

Sadly we lost an Aborginal Ranger in the far North last week - she was taken by a croc that was later killed - with her body inside it.  In times past hunting reduced croc numbers considerably, but hunting has been banned in recent years and as a result the numbers of crocs have increased considerably.

Excellent capture. Not so nice for the zebra, but croc's need to eat too. I am not sure how you were able to get this shot, a lot of patience, skill and luck I presume.

Sorry to hear about the ranger. It's a dangerous job for sure, as crocodiles are sneaky, moving silently and striking fast. I'm glad we don't have them to worry about in California.