Jump to content
atpaula

An iPhone X image today

Recommended Posts

Because I wasn't carrying my DSLR.
Thank you for looking.

 

aIMG_1119_zpsivje6grj.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dramatic presentation. 

 

This image just goes to show that the best camera is the one that a good photographer happens to have with them! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed quite a dramatic image, I like it. This one seems a bit over sharpened. My wife was on Gran Canaria last week with two vloggers/influencers and crew to shoot professional videos and stills for a social media campaign. The camera crew were amazed at the quality of the images she shot with her Huawei Pro 10 smartphone and used one of them in the final production. Technical progress is focusing on smartphone cameras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Hugh and Luc.

It is a jpg direct from the iPhone and I applied a smart sharpening of PS CS of 15, plus the B&W converter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, atpaula said:

 

It is a jpg direct from the iPhone and I applied a smart sharpening of PS CS of 15, plus the B&W converter.

 

I never use smart sharpening as I like to be in control to avoid sharpening artefacts. I also apply quite a lot of masking to avoid unwanted sharpening on even areas like skies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Luc de Schepper said:

 

I never use smart sharpening as I like to be in control to avoid sharpening artefacts. I also apply quite a lot of masking to avoid unwanted sharpening on even areas like skies.

Thanks.

My pp abilities are much less than that. 

I never use masks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, atpaula said:

Thanks.

My pp abilities are much less than that. 

I never use masks.

 

Oh sorry that's not what I meant. I meant masking as in a parameter of sharpening. See the info in this link https://photographylife.com/how-to-properly-sharpen-images-in-lightroom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 09:15, Luc de Schepper said:

 

Oh sorry that's not what I meant. I meant masking as in a parameter of sharpening. See the info in this link https://photographylife.com/how-to-properly-sharpen-images-in-lightroom

Thank you for the link. I’ll take a look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.