crowecg

Spooky Trees

30842230638_4e37965823_o.jpg

Trees #1

Not sure whether colour or black & white is better - if you can spot the difference!😀

30842244358_4ebdc1a43b_o.jpg

Trees #2

Shots from a day out to the snow at Lake Mountain. Even though it is the start of spring, there was a decent fall of between 5-10cm overnight.   And once the cloud lifted....

43803866835_dd48c681a7_o.jpg

Snowy Path

All shot Fuji X-E3 with 27 f/2.8.  Just hung it round my neck and stuffed it down the front of my jacket and hardly noticed it was there at all.

• Like 3

They're all very vivid and detailed, Chris, although they're so huge I have to scroll my 27" monitor a few pages to see them! I do think the first shot is the better of the first 2. 

Thanks for the comments, Dallas & Luc.  It is the first one that was colour, even though the second one seems to have more of a tint to it.  

I linked to a full size version and I’m guessing the forum software is going with a ‘fit width’ option which means you’ll always have to scroll through portrait orientation pictures.  

The first image is great 

Regards,

Armando

Pump more contrast into it and the B&W one would be my pick. It's too flat and muddy-looking at the moment.

Good old Lake Mountain - we used to go four wheel driving often there in the late '70's, before they closed off all the tracks that criss-crossed the place (mine is the third in line - 1976 Toyota FJ40 soft top, with Tor, my dog at the time, just in front. :) )

BiirIAN.jpg

Edited by Alan7140
  • Like 1

another vote for #1 although this may change if you improve the b/w one as Alan wrote ...

nice images!

Never mind the words ... just hum along and keep on going...

Added some contrast to #2, then also though about playing with the levels to lighten the background.

1268592396_DSCF0173(1).thumb.jpg.30f032b9c85e04eb062a109467301a34.jpg1311643749_DSCF0173(2).thumb.jpg.9f5046f623e3ee66af5b2ec5304709ed.jpg

Also gave #1 a bit of warmth and lighter background.  I think the composition of #1 is slightly better, the odd diagonal in the top right corner of #2 is a bit messy.

1379397543_DSCF0172(2).thumb.jpg.3f785e94e55c2e587babe7de7af607c1.jpg

P.S. Alan, why does the Landrover look like it is being towed?  Although it only appears to be connected to the bars rather than a towing point.

Huge improvement in B&W with #2, adds palpable atmosphere to the shot.

As for the Land Rover - it was the fashion back then to hang all sorts of crap off any external mounting point such as 'roo bars, tyre carriers etc given the limited interior space of these short wheelbase units - in this case it looks like Tony has slung his Hi-Lift jack at an angle from his "cookie-cutter" style 'roo-bar, all of which would be highly illegal these days (that Landy was a well-sorted ex-army surplus Series II with a 4.4 litre Terrier V8 stuffed under the bonnet and never needed towing - it was more likely the one to be doing the towing ;) ).  I didn't take the shot - it was taken by the owner of the lead Nissan Patrol - I would have been in the direction my dog was looking, probably the pair of legs between the guy in red and the tree in the background.

This becomes our first Series II Pic Of The Week. Congrats Chris!! It's a great set of images. 

Definitely spooky. The top one is my favorite. I think the blue adds to the shot. the bottom one is also very clear and makes me feel like I am there. Whatever camera-lens combo you are using, it works. The pix are very sharp!

Gb

18 hours ago, GB111 said:

Definitely spooky. The top one is my favorite. I think the blue adds to the shot. the bottom one is also very clear and makes me feel like I am there. Whatever camera-lens combo you are using, it works. The pix are very sharp!

Gb

Fuji X-E3 with 27 f/2.8.  It is a nice compact combination - I'm glad it works well.