Mike G

Through the bridge

The Jenny Wren passages a canal bridge.

Panasonic G9 + 12-60mm @ 1/500 f4.5 ISO200

BAFFA8CB-8D12-49C8-A3E9-4381B30B080A.thumb.jpeg.c57e0688acbfb582aef70b59d2acf214.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks like you're still enjoying summer up north. We were having some balmy early spring days this past week and then all of a sardine we got hit with a cold front yesterday that has brought snow to many parts of the country. Flippin' chilly here today. Well, when I say "cold" in Durban terms it means 17˚C outside and 14˚C inside the house. I'm not going swimming, that's for sure! 

Our weather at the moment tends to chilly mornings and warm afternoons also it’s starting to feel autumnal, which actually feels very nice after our sweltering summer. Good grief man 17˚C is not cold! Why is your house cooler inside than outside? Air-conditioning I shall suppose.

A little music to while away a Sunday afternoon!

G9 + 12-60mm @ 1/2000 f4 ISO200

2EE89640-3DB4-4FF1-A162-91607B107809.thumb.jpeg.37de9a5094fb569dc32fd9785d5339c0.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

Our weather at the moment tends to chilly mornings and warm afternoons also it’s starting to feel autumnal, which actually feels very nice after our sweltering summer. Good grief man 17˚C is not cold! Why is your house cooler inside than outside? Air-conditioning I shall suppose.

No, we have a void under the house's strip flooring to let air circulate. These older houses in Durban were all built this way to keep them cooler in summer. Doesn't work. The house is cold in winter and hot in summer. :( 

• Dislike 2