Mike G

Bubble Man

This Sikh gentleman is making giant bubbles with his secret formula for giant bubbles!

Panasonic G9 + P Leica 12-60mm  @ 1/1000 f4 ISO200

F98D2D71-5362-4988-A9B3-D6037C8F0947.thumb.jpeg.8ca7b090acdf8c16a191373d320f41f9.jpeg

• Like 2

He looks like he might have met up with the guy who tried to give Forrest Gump his yellow T-shirt. ;) 

Sorry Dallas that film reference is lost on me as I haven’t seen it!

You haven't seen Forrest Gump? 😲 You ought to watch it, Mike. One of the best films ever made, in my humble opinion. Very much about the Baby boomer generation. Doesn't stick at all to the book by Winston Broome, but is a delightful story nonetheless. 

Nice scene Mike. Did you do much post processing? I think I notice the typical Panasonic tendency to blue hat's why I ask. Perhaps I would have shot this in portrait mode so as to include the man's feet and emphasise the height of the tree.

• Like 1

Thanks Luc, no PP other than changing the profile from Camera Vivid to Camera Standard in Lightroom! Vivid I thought was a bit too much, still at the bottom of the learning curve!

Sorry I tend to have a bad habit of removing people’s feet!

No need to say sorry Mike just pointing out how imo the scene could have benefitted 😉 An easy starting point for fine-tuning color casts are the Camera Calibration settings in Lightroom. You can even make a preset of that and use it on import.

• Like 1

I must be missing something, as I don’t see a colour cast!

Interesting subject, but the pic has a lot of distractions., e.g. cars, fences, tree, etc. A straight on shot from his front from a low  angle would have worked a bit better.

Why did you interview him, part of a job?

GB111,  didn’t interview him at all, he wouldn’t stop promoting himself. He was busy trying to solicit free photos from my friend Ian, hence we learnt about the secret formula!

C0BDB4B8-0005-4194-B724-6A782B96546C.thumb.jpeg.2bf8686017d9809e0d3168f1c848af7b.jpeg

Another view but he sort of gets lost in the crowd!

Mike, I find that your photos with the Panasonic are perhaps missing some contrast and sharpness.  It may be that the profile that you are using in LR needs a bit of tweaking.

50 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Mike, I find that your photos with the Panasonic are perhaps missing some contrast and sharpness.  It may be that the profile that you are using in LR needs a bit of tweaking.

Anthony, I’m not seeing a lack of sharpness in Lr CC.  Contrast I won’t argue about! These photos are SOOC with no PP except cropping and straightening.

191B0555-AE69-4E07-A2AF-17230D3CF9CA.thumb.jpeg.510863551bc0ea4b13235c98babcf87b.jpeg

it it might possibly be the forum software affecting them!

7 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Anthony, I’m not seeing a lack of sharpness in Lr CC.  Contrast I won’t argue about! These photos are SOOC with no PP except cropping and straig

That is certainly possible.  I find that forum software (not just here) often produces unexpected results.

16 hours ago, Mike G said:

Oi! I don't think so, Mike. ;) 

5 hours ago, Dallas said:

Oi! I don't think so, Mike. ;) 

No offence Dallas but I think the majority of forum (fori ?) seem to affect an image in some way, usually in my experience with the overall contrast of an image. It's just a fact of life in my book and not something to fret over. But then my images are not so special that I need to worry too much.

23 minutes ago, Clactonian said:

No offence Dallas but I think the majority of forum (fori ?) seem to affect an image in some way, usually in my experience with the overall contrast of an image. It's just a fact of life in my book and not something to fret over. But then my images are not so special that I need to worry too much.

It wouldn't discern between JPG's made with different cameras as to how it re-sizes them though. Also, a linked image hosted elsewhere isn't touched by the software that I am aware of. Browsers however, might be doing something and this has to do with Retina screens. What happens is a Retina or UHD screen will display items in a different manner depending on the size of the viewport. Sometimes they will increase the size of an element to make it fit the responsive design better, which might impact on the apparent sharpness of an image.