I like it, Luc. Nice symmetry and an interesting scene. So do beachgoers rent out those little storage cabins? 

Dallas, most coastal resorts in the U.K. have what we call beach huts, some are rentable and an awful lot of them are privately owned. These little huts can change hands for enormous prices, many thousands of £s!

Interesting. Thanks for the info, gents. We don't have them here where I live, but I think there is a famous installation of them down in Cape Town on Muizenberg beach. They are painted in a variety of different bright colours. I don't know if they are owned by anybody or even what they are used for. 

Posted (edited)

These beach huts are also quite common, popular and pricey! in Holland. The ones in the image I posted are small but there are also larger and more luxurious ones with one or more bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom.

Two additional images (with insight how I come to shoot such an image, standing at the top of the stairs I spotted the isolated couple and thought that scene was worthy of a close-up image ...).

43444004485_0bfbd21698_b.jpg

29414485557_b8d70f85b7_b.jpg

Edited by Luc de Schepper
  • Like 2

It was kind of them to pose for you!

Are the Dutch as crazy as the English - heading to the beach at the slightest hint of sun, even if the wind and temperature should suggest otherwise?

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, crowecg said:

Are the Dutch as crazy as the English - heading to the beach at the slightest hint of sun, even if the wind and temperature should suggest otherwise?

😀 Not the Dutch, but the Germans yes! I checked the image at 100%, the car magazine the man is reading shows text in German. The vast majority of visitors to Zoutelande are from Germany.

Edited by Luc de Schepper