Open Club  ·  6 members  ·  Free

YouTube Video Club
Dallas

Nikon Z Series Mirrorless Videos

I still haven't had enough time to properly investigate the new Z Series from Nikon (I have been shooting property flat out and planning the upcoming Thanksgiving Safari) so I am scouring the YouTube for videos about it. Yes, I am becoming very lazy. Here's the first one I found from Kai Wong (who you either love or hate, or both). I must say, I am slightly warming to the design. 

I will add more videos as I find them. Feel free to add your own to the thread too. 

Here's another one from a guy who is actually using it to (shock! horror!) take photos. I don't have time to watch the whole thing just yet as I am about to start today's round of property shoots. Let me know what you think? The EVF on this new mirrorless sounds pretty amazing. 

Here's Jared Polin's hands on video and initial thoughts. 

Concerns for me if I was a Nikon legacy glass owner would be the AF speed on adapted lenses. If it's a major problem then you may not be happy, but if it's not so bad (like the way I use the Olympus legacy glass on my 5 year old E-M1 with adapters) then great. I'd definitely got one. I think the price point for the Z6 is pretty good. Same as the Olympus E-M1 Mk II was at launch. 

Here's Mathieu from Mirrorlesson's video impressions of the new Nikons. The more I look at this camera the more I like the design. But I will not be in the market for one myself - quite happy with MFT and the advantages of the smaller form factor. :) 

Good videos 

The videos with the nikon ambassadors - who had a couple of weeks to use the cameras - have less guessing about the functionality and other things like battery duration

Here is the link to one that I found very informative, it is an Adorama video with a wildlife photographer lady from Canada and a video guy from California
https://youtu.be/O-M4SmW527E

Yup, the Adorama video I linked above was definitely the best one I have seen so far. Used by an actual photographer who has actual photos to show for it. 

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.