Open Niche  ·  1,107 members

YouTube Videos

Nikon Z Series Mirrorless Videos

Dallas

• Administrators
Dallas

I still haven't had enough time to properly investigate the new Z Series from Nikon (I have been shooting property flat out and planning the upcoming Thanksgiving Safari) so I am scouring the YouTube for videos about it. Yes, I am becoming very lazy. Here's the first one I found from Kai Wong (who you either love or hate, or both). I must say, I am slightly warming to the design. 

I will add more videos as I find them. Feel free to add your own to the thread too. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dallas

• armando_m

• Mike G

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Dallas

Here's another one from a guy who is actually using it to (shock! horror!) take photos. I don't have time to watch the whole thing just yet as I am about to start today's round of property shoots. Let me know what you think? The EVF on this new mirrorless sounds pretty amazing. 

• Administrators
Dallas

Here's Jared Polin's hands on video and initial thoughts. 

Concerns for me if I was a Nikon legacy glass owner would be the AF speed on adapted lenses. If it's a major problem then you may not be happy, but if it's not so bad (like the way I use the Olympus legacy glass on my 5 year old E-M1 with adapters) then great. I'd definitely got one. I think the price point for the Z6 is pretty good. Same as the Olympus E-M1 Mk II was at launch. 

• Administrators
Dallas

Here's Mathieu from Mirrorlesson's video impressions of the new Nikons. The more I look at this camera the more I like the design. But I will not be in the market for one myself - quite happy with MFT and the advantages of the smaller form factor. :) 

• Contributor
armando_m

Good videos 

The videos with the nikon ambassadors - who had a couple of weeks to use the cameras - have less guessing about the functionality and other things like battery duration

Here is the link to one that I found very informative, it is an Adorama video with a wildlife photographer lady from Canada and a video guy from California
https://youtu.be/O-M4SmW527E

Regards,

Armando

• Administrators
Dallas

Yup, the Adorama video I linked above was definitely the best one I have seen so far. Used by an actual photographer who has actual photos to show for it. 

• 1 year later...
Mike G

The three Youtube channels I use are by:

Matt irwin  

Mike Gorman

Nikon Z7 - Nikkor Z 14-30, 24-70, 35, 50, 85, FTZ adapter 

GX8 - Panasonic 20, 25

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.