waltonksm

Osprey having a snack

This Osprey was almost cooperative. However, he was perched on a utility pole, and I could not photograph him without the primary wire showing in the image.  So, after a few tries, I managed to brush out much of the wire, and ended with these.  We think he was eating a small whitefish, based on the scales.  I was using an EM1, Mark II, with a LEICA DG 100-400/F4.0-6.3 , at F9

Osprey: Pandion haliaetus

• Like 3

Very nice work, Walton! That lens looks to be a worthwhile investment. 

I can see some artifacts in the edited sky. In Lightroom what I would do is drop the luminance of the blue by selecting the colour sampler and then dragging it down a bit. This will make the sky appear much bluer and should deal with the artifact's visibility. 

Are you seeing this on all three of the images?  I do not see it with either my desktop machine or my laptop. 

Yes, I have an Apple Cinema display. It's quite noticeable on that. 

I see it too ... most prominent on the second image ...

12 minutes ago, Chris Wahl said:

I see it too ... most prominent on the second image ...

The solution is simple:  If both of you would use cheaper monitors, I would not have this problem.  Well, guess I need to work on my day job for now.  Will deal with this one much later. 

Thanks for responding. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

😂 point taken 😁

Nice capture, but too static overall. If he was in motion, ahhh... the best shots are the hardest to get.