A fallen tree in transition trapped upon the shore of Lake Crescent to be battered by the waves and the weather of Storm King. Olympic National Park.

Capture: Fujifilm X-T1. 70s, f/11, iso200. - Zeiss Touit 32mm. - Lee Seven5 Big Stopper ND & Polarizer. - Acros-R B&W simulation.

Pixelroom: On1 PhotoRAW 2018

©timtodd_tt20150510_000200.jpg

• Like 3

Have a purpose that will outlive you...

Thanks Dallas!

I am much happier with this now that it looks like how I captured it. I first did this in LR and could never get it right because of my Fujifilm raf file. PhotoRAW is working much better for me. 😀 My next project is to revisit all my favorite photographs processed in LR and fix them in PR.

Have a purpose that will outlive you...

The Lightroom compatibility issues with RAF have been widely spoken of. I will be honest and say that it has been a major reason why I never warmed to the Fuji X line. I can't operate without Lightroom - my workflow is too deeply embedded in its operation, so no X-trans for me.

Learning new software is something I used to actually enjoy, but as my years move along faster I find that the time is better spent doing other things. :) I will at some point soon though, talk about Luminar 2018, which I have a complimentary copy of. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By crowecg
      On an evening filled with family taxi duties, I'd just spent two hours to travel 20km and decided I needed to take a break from the traffic before heading home again...

DSCF4278 

There must be close to 20 tower cranes visible in this shot!

This is a similar location to the earlier skyline photos and the first time I put the Fuji on a tripod.  Used the phone app as a remote trigger, trying both the simple button mode and the more advanced live preview mode.

And a bit closer....

DSCF4281 

Unfortunately, there was a bit of a light haze, which shows up the light pollution and when trying to bring up some of the mid-tones, the sky lightens a lot.
    • By crowecg
      ..and with it darker evenings.  If I'm lucky at get out of work at just the right time, I can get some pictures as I walk to the station.  It's an area I've taken pictures before, but with the light at this time of evening, you just want to take more!

DSCF4229

DSCF4222

DSCF4218 

All shots Fuji X-E3 and 27 f/2.8.
    • By crowecg
      Shortly after I first arrived in Melbourne I took a picture of Flinders St station from across the river in Southbank.  The station was all lit up, but the sky was not quite black, still a deep blue.  I really liked it, but it was only a 2 MPixel image.  For years I've wanted to get back and take a bigger version, but never quite managed it.  One time, I was just a bit too late and the sky was already black (see here) and another time, the station was wrapped in scaffolding for renovation works.  However, this week I finally managed it!!!!😁

So, here is the new version:

Flinders St Station

And this is the original:

Original

The angles are a little bit different, but growth of the trees in the intervening 13.5 years made that necessary to avoid blocking some of the key features of the station.

I also grabbed a few other shots whilst there.  I think this one works better as black and white as the colours of the city lights draw my eyes away from the bar on the island below the bridge.

Island Bar
    • By nivaun
      Went on an 11 day hike across the Bailey Range in Olympic National Park. Forest fires had Washington and Oregon smoke filled and created some unusual colors and clouds. These clouds seemed to  mimic the sub-alpine fir silhouette. 

Capture: Fujifilm X-H1, 1/1000 f/5, iso200
      Pixelroom: Luminar 2018

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.