Open Club  ·  9 members  ·  Free

YouTube Video Club
Dallas

I Needed Color

Today's video came up on my YT suggestions. It's not about photography, but it shows us a very different side of the actor and comedian Jim Carrey. I had no idea he was a visual artist also, and boy, what an artist he is! My take away from this video is that as photographers we need to allow what we absorb around us, our influences, to be expressed in a way that is as telling of what we feel inside. We can do so much more than just push a button to take a photo.  

Hi, Dallas, just joined the club.

I haven't known what had become of Jim Carrey since he became world famous (at least to me) through the movie "Mask".  This video is a nice food for thought.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Hey Akira, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a good insight into his life. If you have Netflix he also appears in an episode of Comedians In Cars with Jerry Seinfeld where they end up in his studio and he talks more about his art. Like many comedic actors I think there is a lot of tragedy below the surface that they are masking and this appears to come through in his art. 

I'm always on the lookout for interesting videos to share from the YT, but this club is here so that we can all do the same. I hope to see more shares from other members. 

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.