Open Club  ·  8 members  ·  Free

YouTube Video Club
Dallas

Casey Neistat Weighs In On The Sony RX100VI

He makes many very good points about the camera on this video. Is it worth it the asking price? Hmmm... I tend to think not. As he says in the video when you consider all the other stuff you can buy for the same money, what does this one little thing give in return? The only big return is portability and that lens. That's great for video producers, but honestly, my iPhone 7P also does 4K video, has two great lenses and it can use an external microphone and it can play music and it can navigate me and I can communicate with others using it. Put a third lens into the mix (as Huawei have done with the Leica branded P20) and you have something that literally slips into your pocket, which completely negates the USP of this new Sony. So, no... I wouldn't pay $1200 for one. I'd love one, but not for that money. 

at 3 times the price of the previous version it is indeed and insane price

apparently the target is people doing videos and it has no microphone ... hmm

Yeah, that omission completely misses slaying the dragon as far as YouTubers are concerned, which makes it hard to understand who the camera is aimed at. A small MFT camera like the Olympus Pens or GM series from Panasonic offer more lens adaptability and better image quality, assuming you want something small for photographic purposes... or if you want it for casual video you've got better options in a myriad of modern smartphones available, not discounting the wide range of cheap gimbal stabilisers available for them these days too. 

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.