Vieri

Fairy tale Podere Belvedere at sunrise

Wow! That is my kind of photograph! It's going straight into the Inspiration Gallery, because this is the kind of photo that makes me want to stop everything and go out and take my own. 

Excellent job - thank you for sharing with us.

Outstanding image ! Thanks for sharing it

On 08/06/2018 at 13:33, Dallas said:

Wow! That is my kind of photograph! It's going straight into the Inspiration Gallery, because this is the kind of photo that makes me want to stop everything and go out and take my own. 

Excellent job - thank you for sharing with us.

Thank you very much Dallas for your comment, that's probably among the best compliments you could ever pay my work! :)

On 08/06/2018 at 18:27, armando_m said:

Outstanding image ! Thanks for sharing it

Thank you very much for commenting, much appreciated! :) 

On 08/06/2018 at 22:19, Luc de Schepper said:

Some nice drama in this one! Is there a reason (natural circumstances or such) that the right side differs so much in lighting and hue from the left side?

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it! :) The sun was rising just right off camera left, that's probably why.

Best regards,

Vieri

It's really good to have a Leica ambassador on the site too. I miss my old Leica M film bodies a lot. 

55 minutes ago, Dallas said:

It's really good to have a Leica ambassador on the site too. I miss my old Leica M film bodies a lot. 

Thank you Dallas, it's great to be here! :) I still have a Leica M2 (loaded with Tri-X 99% of the times), which I take out for a spin when I have the time. I develop my films in 510-Pyro which I mix myself, much to my wife's disappointment - she really doesn't like me mixing chemicals in the kitchen! :D

Best regards,

Vieri

I used to have a beautiful M3 which I had restored. I also got an M6 which was nice but not as nice as the M3. And at one point I also had an R4. Believe it or not I still have 2 rolls of exposed Tri-X frames I shot with the Leicas sitting undeveloped in my fridge. They've been there for must be close on 14 years now. At some point I might learn how to develop the film! :D 

On 14/06/2018 at 19:47, Dallas said:

I used to have a beautiful M3 which I had restored. I also got an M6 which was nice but not as nice as the M3. And at one point I also had an R4. Believe it or not I still have 2 rolls of exposed Tri-X frames I shot with the Leicas sitting undeveloped in my fridge. They've been there for must be close on 14 years now. At some point I might learn how to develop the film! :D 

:D I also have a couple of rolls waiting to be developed, didn't have time lately due to various reasons (work not being the last of them!) but will soon mix a new batch of developer and get at it! These days, film is just personal photography for me, so I am never in a rush to get things done - which inevitably results in them getting NEVER done!! :D

Best regards,

Vieri

It is almost as if you just "happened onto" this scene? I have only seen two of your images here and they are both spectacular. I would love to have a few like these. Very nice.

Walt

On 19/06/2018 at 07:28, waltonksm said:

It is almost as if you just "happened onto" this scene? I have only seen two of your images here and they are both spectacular. I would love to have a few like these. Very nice.

Walt

Hello Walt, thank you very much for your comment, glad you enjoyed it! :) Podere Belvedere is a very well known location in Tuscany's Val d'Orcia, and one much photographed as well so I would be lying if I'd say that I just "happened onto" the scene :D I have been there many times in different seasons, photographing it under different weather conditions and different light (see my last post for a different version of the scene). This is a particular favourite of mine for the mood it has :)

Best regards,

Vieri

On 14/06/2018 at 17:23, Vieri said:

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it! :) The sun was rising just right off camera left, that's probably why.

Best regards,

Vieri

OK, that's what I thought more or less 😉 Thanks for replying Vieri.

Great work Vieri. I wonder how it would look w/ a little more contrast, but it has that sleepy, dreamy look as is. 

GB

On 24/06/2018 at 22:50, Luc de Schepper said:

OK, that's what I thought more or less 😉 Thanks for replying Vieri.

You are welcome Luc, glad to be of help :)

On 06/07/2018 at 17:53, GB111 said:

Great work Vieri. I wonder how it would look w/ a little more contrast, but it has that sleepy, dreamy look as is. 

GB

Thank you very much GB, glad you enjoyed it! :) More contrast is possible, but it would just kill that sleepy dreamy look... ;)

Best regards,

Vieri