GB111

I'm a Macaw

6 posts in this topic

Comments?

Gb

DSC_3049_Edit1_1500.jpg

1 person likes this

Just a tad brighter would be perfect. Great shot.

1 person likes this

Agree with Vivion. If you're a Lightroom user you could click on the HSL/Color panel and then with Luminance selected, click the little bullseye thing to the left of the panel and then drag down the values of the colours you want to make brighter right on the image (I should create a video tutorial about this). 

Thanks fellows. I purposely made it a tad subdued to give it a 'in the shade' look, sorta like a rain forest, but will give it a boost if you think it will improve the shot.

Dallas, I don't use Lightroom (hey, I think we had this conversation once in a post .. NO one liked LR :)), but will give PS a try which often has similar controls. Edit -- just looked but didn't see it, so just bumped up the lightness.  Attached here.  It could still go a little brighter, but anyway,

GB

DSC_3049_Edit1_1200.jpg

We might have had that discussion, but I have had it with many people so forgive me if I don't recall the specifics. 

The pic looks the same to me? 

It's actually brighter, just not by a lot.  Here's another version, hardly any cropping, and brighter (?):

DSC_3049_Edit1_full_1200.jpg