merlin

Mid-April

Another marvelous spring day for our hike and off-trail scrambles. I was especially struck by the amazing trunks of the junipers that have withstood storms and gale-force winds for hundreds of years.

There also was a group of reddish rocks that looked like abstract paintings, and other huge rock formations that were very imposing.

Interestingly, we encountered no other humans on the trail. The stillness, solitude, and connections with Nature were deeply satisfying.

X-T2, 18-55mm

XT2F2069_lzn.jpg

XT2F2047_lzn.jpg

XT2F2048_lzn.jpg

XT2F2064_lzn.jpg

XT2F2065_lzn.jpg

XT2F2073_lzn.jpg

XT2F2075_lzn.jpg

XT2F2076_lzn.jpg

XT2F2078_lzn.jpg

XT2F2079_lzn.jpg

XT2F2080_lzn.jpg

XT2F2084_lzn.jpg

XT2F2085_lzn.jpg

XT2F2088_lzn.jpg

XT2F2059_lzn.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, a lot to see and lke in these images, and by direct implication even more for those that venture out there to see the subject matter for themselves.  The junipers and the rocks certainly have character, no doubt fashioned by the years.

As a matter of interest, do you often encounter widlife and hunters? 

I only ask because of the dangers posed by hunters and the knowledge that in my part of the world more than one or two bushwalkers / trampers / hikers have been shot by trigger happy hunters.  Do you use hi-visibility clothing when hiking to deter these clowns?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hugh_3170 said:

Yes, a lot to see and lke in these images, and by direct implication even more for those that venture out there to see the subject matter for themselves.  The junipers and the rocks certainly have character, no doubt fashioned by the years.

As a matter of interest, do you often encounter widlife and hunters? 

I only ask because of the dangers posed by hunters and the knowledge that in my part of the world more than one or two bushwalkers / trampers / hikers have been shot by trigger happy hunters.  Do you use hi-visibility clothing when hiking to deter these clowns?

Mostly all of the places we hike are posted (nature preserves and national forests and monuments), so have not encountered hunters.  We have seen a few deer, and once a bear.  There are a few rabbits, squirrels, and birds, mostly jays, ravens, hawks, and turkey vultures.

Thanks!

How beautiful my friend!! Would love to come out your way. Now that I have retired, it might be soon.:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Erv said:

How beautiful my friend!! Would love to come out your way. Now that I have retired, it might be soon.:)

Thanks, Erv!  Would enjoy meeting you...