Anthony

First outing with my new Fuji 80mm macro

Very nice and super sharp Anthony, funnily this morning I was idly planning a visit to that shop!

Didn’t know they were doing courses there!

Thanks, Mike, the info on the course came in one of their regular emails.  I think they are trying to expand this activity to draw people into their shop.

The shop is modern and well laid out, with lots of things to tempt us.  It is close to Aldgate East tube station on the District and Hammersmith and City lines.

• Like 1

Anthony, I like these, especially the first one - is it a Newt?

Definitely not a Newt!

Thanks, Hugh, it is a gecko.

• Like 2

I am sorry I did not see these sooner.  They are pretty stunning. I especially like the first and the last one.  I have gone back to view each of these several times.

Did you shoot these with some of their goodies?  If so, did you manage to fight temptation and NOT buy a new lens?

Walt

Thanks, Walt, I am glad you like them.

I had already purchased the 80 mm macro, but if I hadn't then its performance here would have made the temptation irresistible.

I'm glad I don't live in the insect world :)  Very good closeups. I really like the 2nd image's POV, it has energy. It may be a contest candidate. Nice bokeh on the lens.