Not much to look at initially, but a sight rare enough for a neighbour to drive 1km over to my place to get me to photograph. These are a pair of wood moths mating, again, nothing unusual until you realise the larger female of the pair is 100mm (4") long in the body - so about the length of the palm of an adult human hand. While there is some movement in this rather hurried hand-held stack of 7 photos, they did remain still enough for a result in the stiff breeze while hanging on to the wall of a house. As they showed no signs of fleeing, I then got my tripod out of the car and try a few more comprehensive stacks involving around 40 photos each, but that was too ambitious and their movement in the breeze had those stacks fail.

HVCx8ds.jpg

X-T2, Zeiss Touit 2,8/50 Makro, f/8.

• Like 3

An impressive image Alan  -  not helped at all by the wind by the sound of things.

(I am glad that you only showed us one of the smaller variety of Tasmanian moths. ;) )

Edited by Hugh_3170
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugh_3170 said:

An impressive image Alan  -  not helped at all by the wind by the sound of things.

(I am glad that you only showed us one of the smaller variety of Tasmanian moths. ;) )

Yes, the "normal" ones have gotten away with a few children over the years.... :D 

• Like 1

Cracking image Alan, how much dust was there covering the X-T2?

6 hours ago, Mike G said:

Cracking image Alan, how much dust was there covering the X-T2?

Now, now, Mike, I use the X-T2 almost on a daily basis for work. Just because I'm playing the field at the moment doesn't mean I've abandoned her - far from it! ;)

• Like 2