Alan7140

Parking in the Shade...

6 posts in this topic

A bit of a buff and polish, it'll come up OK :D :

NM5TQui.jpg

5EXHESV.jpg

Both Kiev-60, Carl Zeiss Jena 2,8/120 Biometar, T-Max 100.

At the moment I'm provoking flaws, flare and whatever else to come to grips with what effects I can get on the spot without too much messing around afterwards. I'd almost forgotten how versatile film can be, particularly when using vintage glass.

3 people like this

Love them!! I like to see the old stuff .

4 hours ago, Dallas said:

If you want to share in the misery of what it's like to own a Kombi, this fantastic YouTube travel series will keep you entertained. 

Until I photographed this I didn't even realise that VW even made an automatic Kombi, and for sure they would have struggled to pull the skin off a rice pudding, let alone accelerate from 0-100km/h in under ten minutes. With a tailwind. Going downhill.

2 people like this

OMG an automatic Kombi! Can't agree more than it would be slower than a snail

my Dad had one, a 1972 model , 1600cc , 4 speed gearbox

I hated riding in the back with the lack of proper ventilation, it could get awfully stuffy back there

We traveled extensively and we had our shares or car break downs, most notably the starter motor stopped working on a trip and every time the whole family (with 4 kids under 10) and my Dad had to push the kombi with my Mom trying to get it started, particularly difficult with a cold engine with a carburator, it was fantastic if we were able to find a downhill street to park 
I learned to drive in that thing before I was old enough to have a license, and still I was allowed to do errands, never got in trouble (while driving the kombi)

My Dad used to do his own maintenance on his cars, so I learned car mechanics, and hated working on the kombi with such a small engine compartment

We did have the engine off the car to replace piston rings and other stuff 

it was a fun time 

Thanks for bringing back such fun memories with your picture

I like the tractor image much better than the kombi

3 people like this

The Kombi is obvious, but should anyone be interested in such details the tractor is a McCormick-Deering (IH), probably pre-WW2.