Sign in to follow this  
crowecg

Paluma

Part of my recent Townsville trip involved a day out to Paluma, an area of tropical rainforest.

39507768101_2affed5714_k.jpg

Rain Forest 

Unfortunately the view from the various lookouts were non-existent, but there were a number of picturesque waterfalls on the lower slopes that were also popular for swimming.

39460581912_f9b89545cb_o.jpg

D7E_0142 

38782597384_714730c949_o.jpg

D7E_0142 

38782590814_1ba496058e_o.jpg

D7E_0142 

Edited by crowecg
Built up one image at a time due to flickr bug - now complete
  • Like 3

Very nice shots!! Beautiful place!!

4 hours ago, Erv said:

Yes, they were beautiful, but unfortunately the waterfall in the final picture was heavily graffitied.  It got much worse just to the right of the frame.  I don't understand peoples urge to leave their mark on such places.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By crowecg
      This is from a couple of weeks ago.  The poor little thing was getting mobbed by a flock of seagulls and finally settled on the wall close to me. I must have seemed less threatening than the gulls.

DSCF2587 

Fuji E-E3 with Fuji 55-200
    • By crowecg
      A few from a recent trip to Sydney.

Landmarks - all in one picture!

& @ night 

View from small park further back - a nice little pocket of green and peacefulness among the city bustle.

Through the blinds - as we sat down for dinner, the setting sun was visible through the blinds and created a nice painterly image.

It was a bit of a challenging trip with quite a bit of disruption on the way up - my first flight was cancelled before I even set out to the airport, the replacement got as far as Canberra before circling for about 90 minutes then returning to Melbourne and after a bit of waiting again to get rebooked I got home around 11pm before the third flight at 7am on Saturday morning eventually got me there.  
    • By crowecg
      This morning I found a bit of time and managed to get back to a location overlooking the Melbourne skyline to try and recreate some shots I took a little of 8 years ago.  The comparisons are interesting both in the changes in the cityscape and in the cameras available to me.

This was the original shot I wanted to recreate - a crop from a 6Mpixel image taken with a Nikon D50 and 18-55

Skyline 1

And the newer image - a slight crop of a 24Mpixel image taken with a Fuji X-E3 and 18-55.

Skyline 2 
    • By crowecg
      On a recent Australia Day outing, I had a chance to give the Fuji 55-200 a bit of a workout with the various sea birds along the beach.

Hooded Plovers which often result in sand dunes along our coast being off limits due to their ground level nesting.

Pacific Gull  - these are big, and whilst I have cropped this a bit, the wingtips just dip out of the frame - the following frame with the wings in the upper position had the tips just out of the top too!

Silver Gulls these are the most common along our coast and seemed to have found something interesting in the top of the bush as they were frequently gliding in, landing and then taking off again.

Silver Gulls x2 

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.