Congratulations, Fons Baerken!

Dallas

• Administrators
Dallas

All I can say to @Fons Baerken is CONGRATULATIONS on completing the Create Every Day In 2017 challenge! You were the only person who made it and it has been quite a journey looking through your lens every day of last year. 

How do you think doing the challenge has changed you as a photographer? Was it something you can recommend to others? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dallas

• Fons Baerken

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been shooting on a daily basis for many years, but this was different because of it being a formal challenge. What was lacking from my challenge was not enough textual complementary storie

All I can say to @Fons Baerken is CONGRATULATIONS on completing the Create Every Day In 2017 challenge! You were the only person who made it and it has been quite a journey looking through your lens e

Fons Baerken

I have been shooting on a daily basis for many years, but this was different because of it being a formal challenge.

What was lacking from my challenge was not enough textual complementary stories that would have brought it up to a different plane, 

people like stories, it seems images are not enough.

Has it changed me as a photographer?

It probably has, taking a picture a day does not seem difficult at first glance,

but in fact it is a job with a deadline, I used to say make ' something out of nothing ' .

At times one may wonder how many pictures do we need?

And will i recommend it to others? Most certainly, Yes.

At this moment for me personally i need to take a break, simply because other jobs need my attention right now.

Besides i have to re-organize my backups, need more space.

Finally I like to thank you all for the support, and wish you all a creative and successful 2018.

• Like 2
  • Administrators
Dallas

Well, thank you for keeping us entertained with the view of your world for the whole year, Fons. 

For me I had every intention of completing the challenge, but as we all saw I didn't get very far. However, that didn't stop me from learning something about myself because of the failure to complete more than 2 weeks. I learned that in life you need to prioritise things properly and in doing that your assessments of what takes priority in your life can reflect the deficiencies that you need to work on to grow yourself bigger than you already are. 

Last year I had big ideas on becoming creative full time, but I felt that I was trying to force it and what was coming out wasn't the kind of creativity that I wanted to show off to the world. It led me to reassess the value of creativity in my life when there are much more pressing things to deal with. I simply don't have the same amount of time and financial resources that I had when I was running Nikongear to be able to devote that much time to creativity.

Oh well, what can you do other than to draw your next breath, say a little prayer of gratitude for what you do have and move on. :) 

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.