merlin

Cold Weather

6 posts in this topic

Icy winds and temps in the mid-30's did not deter us from our Wednesday hike in the Nature Preserve. The sun, trees, rocks, and vistas lifted our spirits, and offered hope and inspiration.

Being willing to dress for the weather lengthens the outdoor season, and the longer shadows of the autumn sun casts a golden light upon the landscape.

X30F4091_lzn.jpg

X30F4087_lzn.jpg

X30F4088_lzn.jpg

X30F4090_lzn.jpg

X30F4093_lzn.jpg

X30F4097_lzn.jpg

X30F4098_lzn.jpg

X30F4099_lzn.jpg

X30F4101_lzn.jpg

X30F4108_lzn.jpg

X30F4111_lzn.jpg

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Fons Baerken said:

Different weather, different light, change in colours.

Yes.  Makes for an interesting, and different, experience of the same terrain.  But no rain or snow, yet.

Thanks!

Hey Merlin, how cold is cold to you chaps over there, it don’t look all that chilly to my freezing British eyes. :D

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Hey Merlin, how cold is cold to you chaps over there, it don’t look all that chilly to my freezing British eyes. :D

We have low humidity, so it is mostly a dry cold.  With Britain's moisture, cold feels more cold than here. 

It can get down close to zero F occasionally in dead of winter, but for our hike the temps were in the mid-30's.  However, we had some snow this morning, and since I had a medical appointment, driving was somewhat dicey.  But it is almost all melted now.

We do have lots of strong winds, and with the cold, that means windproof shells are a necessity.

1 person likes this

Also, it is sunny here about 300 days a year, so don't let the deep blue skies fool you into thinking it is not cold!