Sign in to follow this  
Luc de Schepper

Central Station Amsterdam

Been to Amsterdam Central Station many times but that view has obviously eluded me.

Edited by Mike G

On 19-11-2017 at 14:56, Mike G said:

Been to Amsterdam Central Station many times but that view has obviously eluded me.

That's why I always look up for photo opportunities when I visit buildings like these. The sky is the limit Mike ;)

• Like 1

On 20-11-2017 at 18:50, Larry said:

Wow!

Thanks Larry.

Stations, either old or new are an inspiration for me. When I travel by train to Amsterdam I always bring a camera and look out for images like this one. I shot this image and seconds later a train arrived and blocked my view.

The same thing happened after I shot the image below. Shot taken, another train arrives and blocks the view! Timing is crucial.

Btw; if you look closely you can see the subject of the first image in this post in the second image below!

33055215044_85f098d0c8_b.jpg

Edited by Luc de Schepper
  • Like 3

Luc, your composition and rendition of the first image in black and white is masterful... and the second photo makes that even more evident. You have been traveling much!  :D

You have also put your E-M10 Mk2 to much use with excellent results.  I recently got hold of an E-M10 (first version) from my brother who got it but never used it much.  The demands of work has not allowed me much chance to take photos but a break next week should change that.  I will be bringing my D850 and D500 to that trip but am considering bringing the E-M10 with the Panasonic 14mm f/2.5.

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

Thanks Larry for your comments and appreciation. Indeed I travel a lot, not only commuting three days a week but also on holidays which my wife and I are fortunately able to do. 

I'm still quite happy with my E-M10's especially with the Mk2 which has a much better viewfinder and improved IBIS over the Mk1. Image quality is not up to APS-C or full frame quality but I like to squeeze every bit out of the RAW files. I also think the MicroFourThirds lenses are the real strength of that system. The E-M10 with the 14mm will make a very compact set-up, I'm sure you'll like it. Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1