mcasan

MacOS High Sierra 10.13 impacts

6 posts in this topic

Upgrade the OS today.     I see the same problems as I have since Beta 3 in July.      Macphun needs to update Luminar Neptune and Aurora 2017 to work fully.   Likely the problem is with using Metal 2.   I have no idea about Adobe apps as I remember CC apps months ago.    So far, no problem with Affinity Photo.

Your mileage may vary.  

Is this out now? I though it was only coming in November? 

Apparently it will only be for Macs running solid state hard drives, so I guess that rules out my iMac. 

Apple released High Sierra 10.13 this morning as per their High Sierra page.  https://www.apple.com/macos/high-sierra/

Got the Luminar update 1.2.2 today that handles High Sierra.

16 hours ago, DFZ said:

Is this out now? I though it was only coming in November? 

Apparently it will only be for Macs running solid state hard drives, so I guess that rules out my iMac. 

You can install the OS on non-SSD macs, you just won't get the new file system that comes with it.

I think I'll wait until I've finally extracted my Aperture library before updating - just need some extra hard disks to do that.

Finally updated to High Sierra.  So far everything seems to be working fine.  

I did did do the Aperture extraction before upgrading, but it does seem to be running just as well a before the upgrade, so the extraction will probably just serve as a backup for now.  I did consider getting the Aperture Exporter app, but after trying the free demo, I realised that it doesn't really do much that you can't already do from Aperture using the custom settings in export.  The only benefit the exporter would give would be exporting originals and versions in one pass.

also had a quick look at the new version of Photos, with new advanced tools, like curves.  Unfortunately not good enough as it will not allow the start and end points to cross, which I use for converting old film negatives.

1 person likes this