mcasan

IOS & MacOS users check your apps

IOS 11 was released last Tuesday and MacOS High Sierra should be released on Monday. Be sure to check that your IOS-based photo apps (ie Affinity Photo or other) work OK before you need to depend on them. The same goes for the migration to High Sierra next week. As soon as you migrate, check that all your photo apps work.

I have two photo apps that have problems running on High Sierra betas and Gold Standard beta. So those two apps will likely have updates early next week.  

Your mileage may vary.

Olympus OM-D EM-1 II, 60mm Macro, 7-14mm Pro, 12-40mm Pro, 40-150mm Pro, 300mm Pro

If you watched my latest video you'll have heard that I already picked up a problem with Filmic Pro and iOS 11. I should have known better, but there were some features on the new OS that I really wanted, so I jumped in head first literally within hours of it becoming available here. 

The support at Filmic Pro say that they are working on a few tweaks to the app now that iOS 11 is out, but it doesn't help me with the lost footage for that video... :mellow:

I'm immune!  (My phone is too old for iOS 11.)

Keith B.

Keith I do hope you don’t use it in public. :no:

Mike Gorman

Nikon Z7 - Nikkor Z 14-30, 24-70, 35, 50, 85, FTZ adapter 

GX8 - Panasonic 20, 25

The first two days my battery took a hit and I was re-charging it just after lunch time. Apparently there is a lot of behind the scenes re-organising going on even after the iOS has been updated, so that uses up battery. Also, you tend to be using the phone more to check out the new stuff, so your battery is definitely going to be under strain while that is happening. Mine now seems to have settled down and is more or less back to what it was before the update. 

I have to say that I really don't like the new unlocking animation. I switched it off because it was making me think there was something wrong with the phone! 

I’m not a fan of the new “dock”, I think it is a cure for a problem that didn’t exist!

Folders is good and only lost a couple of very minor apps that weren’t ready, no great angst over them though!

I’m a sucker for a new operating system. ::)

Dallas are you talking about “raise to wake”, I agree and I’ve switched that off too.

Edited by Mike G

Mike Gorman

GX8 - Panasonic 20, 25

No Mike, it's the way the wallpaper zooms away and the icons zoom the opposite way to the way they used to. I had raise to wake on for a short while but I just don't see the usefulness. So your phone is going to be waking itself up constantly while you're walking or am I understanding it wrong? 

My main reason for the upgrade was to get the new control screen with quick access to features I use often. 

• Like 1

Not any more Dallas, I switched raise to wake off. It seemed any time you touched the phone the damned thing tried to wake up, very annoying and you tended to get a silly glow in your pocket!

I haven’t noticed anything strange with the icons zooming anywhere! 

Mike Gorman

GX8 - Panasonic 20, 25

On an iPad check out the comma and full stop cock up in the IOS keyboards when used in landscape or portrait mode!

Edited by Mike G

Mike Gorman

GX8 - Panasonic 20, 25

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.