Dallas

Trees In B&W

Very satisfying composition. Would this have been a blustery Spring day?

• Like 1

Keith B.

Thanks Keith. It was fairly blustery. This was up at Sabi Sabi on one of the morning game drives, taken with my iPhone 7 Plus and converted to B&W in Lightroom Mobile (I think). 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dallas
      We are on day 3 of our Ultimate Big 5 Safari 2017 and have been having an incredible time together. Some really good sightings together with awesome light. I haven't been through all my photos yet (also trying to shoot video at the same time) but here are a few from the drives so far. 

Maxabeni with the remains of his dinner from the previous day's kill.

Hippo found near Earth Lodge watering hole.

Lone male lion trespassing near Selati Lodge watering hole. 

• By Dallas
      I spent some time this afternoon transferring my stills from my laptop external drive to my desktop drive. Also decided to rework a few images in my main Lr catalog using the much bigger iMac screen. I think I have improved them with some adjustment brushes in Lr, but you can let me know what you think. 

I'll write up an article about this year's trip as soon as I can. 

Maxabeni got into a fight with some other leopard before we got there, hence the nasty gash on his face. He shall hemceforth be known as Scarface.  

As mentioned in my previous post, an elephant died not far from our camp and every day was just a mass of activity. On one morning, with beautiful light, we caught the Southern Pride feasting on this enormous carcass. These are some of the cubs we saw as 6 week olds last year. They are growing up nicely. 
    • By Dallas
      We had the most amazing group of people (once again) on our Ultimate Big 5 Safari this year. All new arrivals except for Graham Welland who came on our first trip there in 2010. Based on the feedback I have received from those who have returned, the trip was once again a resounding success.  

We considered possibly moving the UB5 Safari to another camp at Sabi Sabi, but it looks like we will stick with Little Bush Camp for 2018. We now have a provisional booking made for mid-October 2018, which is a little later than usual, however, such is the popularity of the lodge that it is the only time available to us. If you are thinking about joining me there again next year please drop me a line and I will send you all the relevant information.

I now have the unenviable task of sorting through hundreds of video clips to try and put together a story for you Fotozoners. I tell you this, video business requires a completely different mental approach! It's not easy.
    • By Dallas
      Scroll down for the reworked image.

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.