Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Larry

A different kind of sunset

7 posts in this topic

That is really special.  Just two colours (mostly), shades of blue and shades of orange/red.

Excellent photo.

Thank you gentlemen for your kind comments.    

Edited by Larry

Very very nice,  I had missed this thread until I saw the image on the main FZ page

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Greg Drawbaugh
      Condor Airlines Boeing 767-300ER departs from Minneapolis-St. Paul airport at 915pm local time to head back to Frankfurt, Germany.  I took this shot last Saturday on one of the longest days of the year.  On the composition side, I always struggle how to place the aircraft in the frame when I have an open sky.  Comments and constructive ideas always welcome.

• By Andrew L (gryphon1911)
      Covered this today for my VisualOhio news blog.

I'd only ever watched a dog show on TV, never been to one in person.  It was just like the big Westminster one but instead of one large ring, there were 156 smaller ones.    I love dogs so this was a fun assignment. The people were great too!

Enjoy!

• By Fons Baerken
      Further walkabouts with the D500, this time near Arnhem, which its nature reserves.

• By Fons Baerken
      Some local shots trying the D500 with for instance the  nikkor 50-135 f/3.5 ais.
      I certainly had to get used again to the dx sensor size, also i found i had to adjust the  in-camera colour settings.
      Because of the high pixel count adjustments in post often result in loss of finer details moreover creating a lot of chroma noise.

• By SheldonEHooper
      A beautiful sunset made better by the presence of the clouds. A bare sky is often boring and this brings a sense of foreboding to the picture of what will happen next.
    • By Ranger Rich
      The dust of a 1000 buffalo filters the rays of the setting sun creating a golden light...

• By Ranger Rich
      A unique opportunity arose the other day when I had a zebra feeding on a fire break with the sun setting behind it. I used a flash to light him up and get the sky correctly exposed.

• By Larry
      Rush hour at sunset: It’s more fun in the Philippines.

There was a byline in the campaign to draw more tourists to the Philippines last year that goes
      "...more fun in the Philippines".  I thought of using this byline in conjunction with these GH3 test photos taken in Boracay Beach in the Philippines.  

The photos centered around a traffic jam of sailboats as these endeavored to return to the beach or to leave the beach during sunset creating a veritable traffic jam during rush hour.  I was planning to take photos of the sunset but took advantage of the opportunity to take photos of people taking photos of the sunset.

All shots taken handheld using the m4/3 Panasonic GH3 and the Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8.

Rush Hour: Its more fun in the Philippines

No. 1: A photographer’s dilemma: Where to begin?

No. 2: "This would look great in my Facebook page."

No. 3: Much later, this is my photo of the "sunset" after the sun had set, without the photographers.    I am quite pleased with the GH3's dynamic range.

• By Larry
      "This will look terrific in my Facebook" ... dynamic range test shot using a Panasonic GH3 & Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 to capture a photographer capturing a sunset in a beach in Boracay, Philippines.