crowecg

Jaeger

7 posts in this topic

A few more of the Huntsman spider I found in the corner of my office.

33830711246_356888994a_o.jpg

DSC_3281 

....Updates to follow - Flickr isn't cooperating

With fingers to give an idea of size.

33830709126_1ac9930786_o.jpg

DSC_3283 

An artistic variation using the bottom of the jar.

33742337321_550fbb69c8_o.jpg

DSC_3279

And some close ups

33077116993_c3647f7ddc_o.jpg

D7E_7645

33077115413_59399d1b70_o.jpg

D7E_7640 

33077118403_d0109e3a6f_o.jpg

D7E_7646 

There is a bit of extra resolution in the close ups, so if you feel like scaring yourself, click through to the full size!

The jar shots were taken with J1 & 10 f/2.8, closeups with D7000, Tamron SP90.

3 people like this

I had to settle for just getting four eyes in the shot as the other four are across the top of the head.  Always a challenge with spiders - trying to get all eight eyes in focus!  The other thing I keep trying is to get eyes and fangs in the same shot, but usually they just keep the fangs discretely tucked away.

After the second photo shoot, the spider was released onto a well vegetated garden bed just behind the office and was last seen scurrying off into the bushes.

I presume it was wet in Melbourne over the past day or two?

As predictable as night following day is the habit of huntsmen appearing indoors a day or two before a rainy spell.

30 minutes ago, Alan7140 said:

I presume it was wet in Melbourne over the past day or two?

As predictable as night following day is the habit of huntsmen appearing indoors a day or two before a rainy spell.

Spot on Alan. Thunder and lightning in the South East overnight and pretty awful from mid afternoon yesterday and onwards.

Chris's images certainly look ferocius enough when viewed large - thanks for posting. 

Actually I do not mind seeing the huntsmen appear - usually they stick to just one spot on the wall and are not aggressive thank goodness..

Well I hope it found somewhere dry - given where I released it, it may well head for one of the parked cars or perhaps into a tram as it was also close to South Melbourne Tram depot.

It's raining here today after a long dry spell, so I guess I just haven't found the inevitable huntsman or two that will have made it into the house as yet. :)