DFZ

Create Every Day In 2017

10 posts in this topic

I want to pose a challenge to you for 2017. 

I think it was Stephen King who said that the creative process within him comes about by simply doing the work he was born to do every day, even on the days when he doesn’t feel like sitting down and writing. The best ideas come when you are immersed in the actual creative process, be it sitting down to write or going outside to make photographs. If you are forcing yourself to make something out of nothing every day, it gets the creative engine running and while that's running it will eventually lead you to a place of rhythm where the bounty of your creativity lies. 

So, I have decided to challenge myself to be creative for every day of 2017 and I have made this a central theme of Fotozones for next year called “Create Every Day In 2017”. I invite you to join me by tagging your creative posts with CEDI2017 starting 1 January 2017. Our software is smart enough to pick up all tagged content whether it’s posted in the gallery or on any of the forums. Just add the tag to the post and you’re participating in the challenge. To see all the CEDI2017 posts at any time you just need to click on the tag. I will also add a main menu item for this (and any other challenges FZ members want to start).

As always, the best posts will be moved to the Best Of Fotozones board and if it’s a photo it will be added to the Inspiration gallery too. I’ve even changed the logo and byline of the site to remind you of the challenge whenever you visit FZ.

I do hope you’ll join me in this challenge and make 2017 one of the most creative years you have ever had. 

3 people like this

I won't be doing this, for reasons previously stated.

I just can't get away with getting the camera out everyday.  I did try the one a week challenge a few years back - that was hard enough.   Maybe another go at a weekly one would be a good alternative. 

For me personally the reason I want to do is is because it is hard and because it requires a commitment that goes beyond just taking a snapshot every day. I'm not only going to be creating photos, I'm going to also use the challenge to write more too. I might do an article or a thought for the day type of post instead of taking a photo. My objective is to create something every day. It doesn't just have to be a photo. Stop me if I start writing poetry. ;) 

1 person likes this

I like and support the idea of exploring creativity. I'll be doing this on an ad-hoc basis, daily or even weekly is just not possible for me. I also dislike commitments so yes, I'll be happy to join in but on my own conditions ;)

1 person likes this

OK. Now I know how to tag mine and find other people's contributions. On Nikongear I guess I made it to 300 of 366 maybe more. Some days I just said "NO!" to carrying a camera or using it. This was good for my health I claim.

I'm going to have to drop my participation to weekly, unfortunately. I just don't have anything to photograph while I am sitting here at my desk dealing with setting up and managing my new combined digital marketing business. It will have to be a weekend thing for me from now on. 

I have to say that my hat goes off to those who can do this for a whole year. It's a whole other level of commitment, for sure. I have enjoyed it so far and I guess that while 22/365 is a bit of a fail, I did benefit from taking part in it. Some shots I am quite proud of, others not so much. I did get to think about creativity more than I have in recent times. 

Sorry to hear, Dallas i was enjoying your images you can always pick-it up again.

One needs to plan ahead or let it occur spontaneously, yet mind's focus is always on a daily image to produce which is tiresome.

1 person likes this

It was always going to be a tough assignment.  The second part of Fons' second sentence sums up the real problem.  I even found one a week for a year became a chore.  I prefer to shoot when I feel I want to.

But thanks for what you did do, it was interesting to follow for many reasons.

1 person likes this

What a pity Dallas ... but i understand it perfectly well ...

thanks for all the images you posted and looking forward to the week-end'lies

1 person likes this