wildoat

Majestic.......

Unlike Dallas I've never seen a lion in the wild, I've photographed many in captivity but obviously that's not quite the same.

In this photo I've made some adjustments which I hope will capture the majesty of the male lion, hopefully it's dramatic, I think so.

The colours and rendering are personal choice. I often think of wildlife artists like David Shepherd when dealing with animal portraits, if I could

paint or draw this is the sort of image I'd like to be able to create, for this effort it's a modified version of one of my photographs, the best I can do.

Please click on the image for the larger view, thanks

tony

_DSC4734.jpg

Edited by wildoat

3 hours ago, DDFZ said:

Lions are my favourite animals, for sure. 

I like the image, but I think for my tastes I would prefer a pure B&W over a sepia tone. 

Cheers Dallas, 

like I said it is personal taste..........

_DSC4734.jpg

• Like 1

I like the sepia treatment better for that specific way of presentation ... I could however do with a little (not much) more contrast on the face of the lion but this is only me ...

• Like 1

Never mind the words ... just hum along and keep on going...

This one grows on me each time I look at it - almost like a ghostly representation of a wild, unchallenged past that has almost disappeared.