While on holiday I was playing around with the Art filters on my Olympus E-M10.

This image was shot - from the balcony of my hotel room - with the Key Line filter. Just for fun :)

Please view at full size.

EM10-102063.jpg

• Like 1

Well seen and good use of the art filter. I struggle to use them, so normally experiment with this kind of thing in post only. 

• Like 1

Nikon D500, D700, Df, 18-140/3.5-5.6 VR, 20/2.8D, 28-105/3.5-4.5D, 50/1.8D, 60/2.8D Macro, 80-200/4.5-5.6, 300/4E PF, 35/2D,  Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC

Manual Focus Lenses:  Nikon 55/3.5 Micro pre-AI, 105/2.5 AI, ZY Mitakon Creator 85/2

Olympus PEN-F, EM5.2, Olympus 9mm f/8 Fisheye, 17/1.8, 75-300/4.8-6.7 II, Panasonic 12-32/3.5-5.6, 12-35/2.8, 35-100/2.8, Sigma 60mm f/2.8 DN Art, ZY Mitakon 25/0.95

http://www.bestlightphoto.net | http://www.visualohio.com | http://bestlightphoto.blogspot.com | Flickr | SCEENEINWINDOWS Project

Could be a cartoon that hides the details leaving room for interpretation ... fun :)

Never mind the words ... just hum along and keep on going...

Thanks Andrew and Chris. Fun is the keyword here, photography is one of my hobbies and a creative counterbalance for my daily professional work that's why I like to experiment now and then :)

I used the Olympus Art filters for the first time on a job I did last week. Horrible job, but it paid me so I can't complain. Basically I was taking snapshots of people on a trade show stand for Energizer batteries and then printing them there and then using a Canon Selphy CP-910. I only had space for an on-camera flash with a bounce card and getting the ladies to like their photos with this harsh lighting was becoming an issue, so I turned on the "Soft Focus" filter on the camera. Oh my word. Suddenly the ladies were all over the prints like white on rice. 

So, they may come in handy sometimes, those Art filters. :) 

• Like 1

Great scene to use the filter on.  I've not been happy with the results I've had using similar filters, but looking at this, I am thinking perhaps my subjects haven't had the dynamic range of color to really see what they could do.  Thanks for posting, as it is inspiring me to experiment a bit more!

On 21 september 2016 at 20:34, BigSkyKen said:

Great scene to use the filter on.  I've not been happy with the results I've had using similar filters, but looking at this, I am thinking perhaps my subjects haven't had the dynamic range of color to really see what they could do.  Thanks for posting, as it is inspiring me to experiment a bit more!

You're right, effects like these only work on certain scenes and imo should be applied sparingly. Experimenting and having fun is what counts here!

• Like 1