BigSkyKen

Shooting Hummers

Nicely done.

These little birds are amazing. I wish we had them here, but unfortunately that isn't the case, nor do we have anything even close. I love watching videos of their seemingly effortless controlled hovering, though.

• Like 1

Thank you, Alan and Ann!  This was a fun photo-bucket list item to accomplish. And it was the first time using the flash extender, which I bought a few years ago for this project. Going somewhere the hummingbirds live was the hard-to-get-done part!

Superb colors and right moment

• Like 1

Regenerate green infrastructure. Let Biodiversity rule!

I blog at: http://klimafarm.com/

Absolutely superb fore & aft wing strokes... counted just over a dozen primary wing feathers on each side...

btw, a typical hummingbird has in excess of 900 feathers on its body, which translates into the highest ratio of feathers per body size of all other bird species...  which makes for a lot of beautiful iridescent plumage to love...

Thank you for sharing... 

• Like 2

Thanks Frank and Thomas!  I was unaware of the feathers statistics, neat information to know, thanks for that, too. 

Nice ones Ken ... artificial colours against natural colours ... there is no discussion regarding the winner ...

• Like 1

Never mind the words ... just hum along and keep on going...