Reflex Nikkor 1000mm f/11.
Thank you for looking.

aDSC_9902.jpg

aDSC_9912.jpg

• Like 1

Aguinaldo

www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Nikon / Zeiss

"You are not a loser when you're defeated.
You are a loser when you quit".
(Dr. House)

1 hour ago, DDFZ said:

The second one is much nicer, IMO. 

Thank you Dallas!

Aguinaldo

www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Nikon / Zeiss

(Dr. House)

Fine result and PP from one of the most notoriously difficult lens designs to extract decent image quality from. Had I not read the caption I would never have guessed that a mirror lens was used to take these.

13 hours ago, Alan7140 said:

Fine result and PP from one of the most notoriously difficult lens designs to extract decent image quality from. Had I not read the caption I would never have guessed that a mirror lens was used to take these.

Thanks Alan.

I love to use the Reflex occasionally.

Aguinaldo

www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Nikon / Zeiss

(Dr. House)

I agree with Dallas on the second one ... I really like that one. I never had the chance to use a Reflex, seems to be a very special thing to use ...

Never mind the words ... just hum along and keep on going...

Top one, but crop to just below to where the trees plant into the ground. Nice color.

G

Every time I look at these I am blown away that a mirror lens got this result. I had heard that the Nikon 1000mm was one of the better examples of that technology, but I have used several different reflex lenses over the years and never come anywhere close in achieving that IQ.

Did you have bump the contrast up a whole lot in post? Because usually I get the sort of flared look of the first one without pointing the lens at the sun. Trying to place the sun in the shot always ends with all tones being somewhere between 245 and 255 (I exaggerate, but that gives an idea of the results I was used to getting when trying that with my mirror lenses).

Another vote for the first, as it is.  The huge circle of the sun is very powerful.

"The huge circle of the sun is very powerful."  Indeed and has the potential to cause retinal damage if observed through a view finder...

Trust that this was taken in "Live View"

Your vision is precious commodity... Please invest the time to lean how to protect your retina from harms way...

But don't take my word on this... Instead speak with your ophthalmologist about the aforementioned, k?

I'm only the messenger here...

And yes the compositional elements are superb... kudos on the decisive moment...