Toby

Introducing myself, plus orchid in raindrop

Hi folks,
I found this forum researching exotic Nikkors, and took great inspiration from Michael Erlewine's amazing images. I don't do all macro--in fact I do more closeup images, but I have just purchased a Repro Nikkor 85mm f1 and a CRT Nikkor, and am looking forward to some fun experimentation. Although I have macro lenses (including a set of the Olympus RMS 20 and 38 adapted to Nikon), my main exploration has been in using an old Nikkor 55mm 1.2 AiS lens wide open on tubes or bellows. Yes, the images are full of aberrations, but with some post processing (horrors!) I am getting interesting results. The new Nikkors should provide me with a different ballgame altogether and I look forward to sharing my results with you.

This isn't the place for closeups, so I will post some stuff in Nature, but I will share one image for now. This was done with the Olympus 38mm. I have used Topaz Simplify to do some edge accentuation. I find this a very interesting filter--certain settings give the illusion of crispness and reduce the hazing effects of spherical aberration without destroying too much the photographic quality of the image. This is no tour de force, but I like it nonetheless.

_DSC4275.jpg

Welcome Toby and thanks for sharing with us. I'm sure you and Michael will have a lot to discuss regarding close up and lenses. :) 

Again, welcome Toby!

Never mind the words ... just hum along and keep on going...

Nice shot!

Nice to meet you, hope you guess my name. ... fun aside .. great opening shot!

Regenerate green infrastructure. Let Biodiversity rule!

I blog at: http://klimafarm.com/