bobfriedman

Wolf Spider

Nikon D800E ,Mitutoyo M Plan APO 5x NA 0.14 200/0

1/200s iso100 230 stack at 20 micron step, RAYNOX TUBE 175mm bellows extension, 5mm objective extension - aprox 3.9x

original.jpg
  • Like 4

bob

www.pbase.com/bobfriedman

A very Big Bad Wolf!

:)

Harmless little chaps, really, but extremely fleet of foot (feet?) - unless you're a small insect, of course. :D

Superb detail as always, Bob. These close-ups deserve a position in the nature reference archives, I've certainly never seen such detailed natural (i.e. non-electron microscope) photography. You've obviously well and truly perfected the use of stacking process and software, and this certainly was well worth the effort. I admire the patience you've shown to do this.

Looks like he is missing an eye. The bottom row only has three. Quite a narrow overall arrangement of eyes too.

Sometimes wish I had the time and patience to shoot such detailed pictures. I usually just grab a few live shots whilst relocating spiders and other little creatures from the house to the backyard.

Looks like he is missing an eye. The bottom row only has three. Quite a narrow overall arrangement of eyes too.

Sometimes wish I had the time and patience to shoot such detailed pictures. I usually just grab a few live shots whilst relocating spiders and other little creatures from the house to the backyard.

i noticed the missing eye as well.. 

bob

www.pbase.com/bobfriedman

Perfect picture.

When I read the technical details I realize, once again, I have so much to learn.

Aguinaldo

www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Nikon / Zeiss

"You are not a loser when you're defeated.
You are a loser when you quit".
(Dr. House)

Thank you for sharing this amazing window into another world invisible to the unaided eye...

The surreal grandiose beauty latent within is a joy to behold...

Again your stellar efforts are a beacon of inspiration amidst a dark sea of mediocrity that abounds within the vast sphere of the Internet...

Only from the likes of National Geographic have I seen such image mastery into the depths of a microcosm beyond the limits of human sight...

Looking forward to more of your dazzling captures...  Bravo!

• Like 2

On 8/26/2016 at 23:32, Thomas Van Dyke said:

Thank you for sharing this amazing window into another world invisible to the unaided eye...

The surreal grandiose beauty latent within is a joy to behold...

Again your stellar efforts are a beacon of inspiration amidst a dark sea of mediocrity that abounds within the vast sphere of the Internet...

Only from the likes of National Geographic have I seen such image mastery into the depths of a microcosm beyond the limits of human sight...

Looking forward to more of your dazzling captures...  Bravo!

I feel the same, although I could not have put it quite so eloquently.  Where Thomas is a poet,i am a bull in a China shop :)

Nikon D500, D700, Df, 18-140/3.5-5.6 VR, 20/2.8D, 28-105/3.5-4.5D, 50/1.8D, 60/2.8D Macro, 80-200/4.5-5.6, 300/4E PF, 35/2D,  Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC

Manual Focus Lenses:  Nikon 55/3.5 Micro pre-AI, 105/2.5 AI, ZY Mitakon Creator 85/2

Olympus PEN-F, EM5.2, Olympus 9mm f/8 Fisheye, 17/1.8, 75-300/4.8-6.7 II, Panasonic 12-32/3.5-5.6, 12-35/2.8, 35-100/2.8, Sigma 60mm f/2.8 DN Art, ZY Mitakon 25/0.95

http://www.bestlightphoto.net | http://www.visualohio.com | http://bestlightphoto.blogspot.com | Flickr | SCEENEINWINDOWS Project