afx

The Whiskey Foundation at Clap Club, December 2015

Last year I went to three concerts of The Whiskey Foundation.

The first more by accident, I came for another band at a free concert evening and was totally surprised by the last act (and fighting with the broken AF of my newly acquired D750)...

In April and December I went there on purpose. The guys are great!

The sound often reminds me of the Doors even though it is new stuff written today.

For me the Munich Band of 2015.

Over the three concerts I could see how their stage presentation evolved. Initially the playlist was not built for a progression, but in the last concert they had that down perfectly.

And, the concert in December was performed at Clap Club, a demo or film studio from Arri, so the light was fabulous.

The December concert had an opening act by the street musicians the singer used to play with:

AFX-20151211-0029-L.jpg

The singer:

AFX-20151211-0198-L.jpg

The Drummer, the beast:

AFX-20151211-0094-L.jpg

One of the few moments where one could see the face of the bass player:

AFX-20151211-0203-L.jpg

The keyboarder sounds a lot like Ray Manzarek:

AFX-20151211-0319-L.jpg

Lead Guitar:

AFX-20151211-0906-L.jpg

The full set:

http://images.afximages.com/Concerts/The-Whiskey-Foundation-Clap

cheers

afx

"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Arca plates compatibility matrix // sRGB clipping sucks and Adobe RGB is just as bad // Images on images.afximages.com

Typically horrible concert lighting - you did extremely well considering that apparently mandatory situation. I really wonder at times why the so-called "lighting" guys have what appears to be a hatred for their job?

Or do they just get the transport guys to throw up a few spotlights anywhere while they're hauling the equipment in? ;)

I wouldn't mind adding that Hofner VT guitar to my collection, though, they're difficult to come by here with everyone being obsessed with the Hofner "Beatle Bass" instead. :)

Thanks!

I consider this light luxury compared to others I had to deal with so far.

Yes, high contrasts, but at least light ;-)

The two other times I shot this band at Muffathalle, they where mostly backlit. A real PITA.

cheers

afx

"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Arca plates compatibility matrix // sRGB clipping sucks and Adobe RGB is just as bad // Images on images.afximages.com

My last live music coverage was exactly that - no light from the front, strong light from back of stage. I really wonder how the people who actually organise these events don't notice this sort of thing - what is the point of a live performance if you can't see the musicians properly?