simato73

From The Pond

My little pond is an endless source of entertainment both in terms of DIY and photography.

Please view large.

post-3609-0-68499400-1442607003_thumb.jp

post-3609-0-87391400-1442607005_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Simone

Two excellent shots, Simone. The first is a wonderful dance of colour tonality and lines. Well seen. 

Thanks Dallas.

The geometric patterns and the tonalities are what attracted me to the first one.

I have tried a B&W version that accentuates the geometric elements at the expense of green tonalities but it does not work as well in my opinion.

Simone

Guest A-PeeR

A personal pond, now that sounds grand. Both shots are very well done. I particullarly like the detials and texture of the stamen in the flower image. Of course proper exposure is key, nonetheless the fuji has excellent s/n for ISO 1600. Did you apply any noise reduction in post?

A personal pond, now that sounds grand. Both shots are very well done. I particullarly like the detials and texture of the stamen in the flower image. Of course proper exposure is key, nonetheless the fuji has excellent s/n for ISO 1600. Did you apply any noise reduction in post?

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away then forgot to check this thread.

The only NR applied was during RAW develpment (with Iridient) and it was quite light-handed.

Technically a pond, but of minimal size.

About 2.5x1 m with a maximum depth of around 40 cm.

Simone